Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ABC Wednesday - G



This week the lettr is G on this great fun meme hosted by Denise. And G goes for Gaia. She's a constant presence in my life, for I do agree with the Gaia Theory, developed by the scientist James Lovelock, where the Earth is seen as a living organism that reacts to what's done to its environment - hhmmm... rings a bell? I have already posted about it here.

The beautiful statue above, representing the Greek Goddess, is in Lovelock's garden.


This beautiful symbol of what is our place in this world is everywhere in my house. At Lucas' colorings:

At my door:



And obviously, at my altar! This cute little Gaia doll was sent by Kelli, from the awesome Dancing Goddess Dolls:

At my altar wall, I also have her along with a symbol of the God, still from Kelli's page:

For more cool posts, visit ABC's main page.

7 comentários:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I wish Lovelock had just stuck with his image of the homeostatic Earth and not gone gaga about global warming and preaching nonsense. He of all people should know the Earth handles change.
It saddens me greatly because he has been something of a hero of mine.
Anyway there has been no warming since 1998 - fact.

Dragonstar said...

This is lovely Nydia! Your Goddess pictures are beautiful.

Bear Naked said...

Hello Nydia
Lucas did a wonderful job of colouring the goddess Gaia.
He must be your pride and joy.
What A GUY!!

Bear((( )))

Columbo said...

Love the posting, great photos and commentary. I enjoyed your lovely goddess Gaia.

Miss_Yves said...

Beautiful statue!I love Lucas'coloring and GaÏa doll!
the owl on the weeping willow is nice , too !
Kisses from
Miss Yves

Rune Eide said...

I have read Lovelock and also others, so what is implied by the term "living" can be discussed. But that the whole is greater than its parts is no doubt true in this case.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Somehow I forgot to comment on this post before. I wanted to say thanks for sharing all your pictures! I love how you've displayed the Goddess in your home!

Oh, and I left something on my blog for you! :O)