Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ABC Wednesday - H & I


So we reached letter I on this fun meme hosted by Denise. I missed last week's H, so this will be a double post.

For H, there's Happy moments with dad. That's how it is when my little witch is hugging the big one while eating my niece's yummy brigadeiro (Chocolate ball candy - do you guys have this abroad???)...

And also Rodrigo's first Happy moment as a dad: the first time he held Lucas in his arms, still at the hospital. The photo was taken by me, while I was in bed - that's why it is so well framed...
**********************************************************


For letter I, I have to mention Isaac Asimov, my favourite sci-fi author of all times! I do love fiction, my mind has fun with these astonishing authors and their amazing stories. I also love the classic Robert Heilein, Arthur Clarke, Frank Herbert, Fritz Leiber, Margareth Atwood... But Issac Asimov is the Master for me. He's like Tolkien to Fantasy, making stories so plausible, going back as far as possible in time and thus keeping you wondering if those people really did not exist. I have a dream of reading all his books, but probably it will stay in the realm of dreams, once this man was a writting machine, who had more than 500 stories written! The first Asimov book I read was The Early Asimov, with great shrot stories that made me fall in love with him. The Foundation and The Robots series are my favourites, and his Black Widowers series is another side of his that I enjoy: mystery.
For mre cool ABC posts, visit the meme's Main page!

9 comentários:

Dragonstar said...

Nydia, I love these posts!
Happiness is very obvious in your first photos. And I really can't argue with your taste in books! Have you read Leiber's Green Millennium? One of my favourites!

Anonymous said...

Happiness is the thing !
Clarke is one of mine and both Asimov and Heinlein - Herbert's 'Bill, the Galactic Hero', 'Make Room! Make Room! but Leiber@s 'Spectre is Stalking Texas', 'The Silver Eggheads',Meri's choice and 'The Wanderer'. He was so prolific but I never got into the Grey Mouser stories. I am an SF nut which is why I have written it too.

Suzie Ridler said...

Very cool post! Happiness and literary genius. They word and no, I have never heard of that chocolate treat before.

Miss_Yves said...

Hi!(H&I) Nydia!
Happiness in family is your favourite subject ,indeed !
You feature it very well!
"The man who never laughted" is Buster Keaton; I'll add a link of another mural which shows him(at Cannes)
I like Asimov, too, Robotd is a very clever book!
Kisses

Miss_Yves said...

Nydia, my link is up , I you want to see two famous actors on murals !
miss Yves

Michele said...

Oh Nydia... what wonderful photos in the top ones... made me smile to see those.. there is obvious so much love!
I really enjoy posts like that... awww...
Thanks so much for dropping by... I appreciate it!
I hope all is well in your special group!!
{{{Hugs}}}
Michele

Bear Naked said...

Nydia:
Wonderful choices for both H and I for ABC Wednesday.
The photo of Rodrigo holding Lucas for the first time is beautiful and cetainly does show his happiness.
I see you read Margaret Atwood.
A GREAT Canadian authour.
Thank you for your comments on my blog.
Nice to meet another chocoholic LOL!

Bear((( )))

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks for the recipe! I have made a similar brew for a chocolate fondue, that's what we call it here. I just threw chocolate into condensed milk (which is pretty much what you did) and it's yummy! I'm so glad health stuff is done until next week, woohoo!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Love the pic with Rodrigo and baby Lucas! How beautiful! Truly a happy moment.