Thursday, September 4, 2008

Favourite Things - Mafalda


Here we are again to Thursday's Blue meme. After a hiatus while friend BJ took very good care of it, the fun is back to its creator. Due to a stupid migraine that was duly terminated, I had to delay my FT post, but here it is!


Mafalda is another of my favourite things. A great character created by the brilliant Argentinian cartoonist Quino, she's a precocious seven-year-old girl who's always concerned about human rights, politics and the meaning of life in a very very funny way. She's very critical and realistic, questioning everything, and hates soup! Beatles is a must in her life and she's surrounded by her little friends who are themselves hilarious as well, with extremely different personalities that always end up in humorous situations when they're together.

I started reading Mafalda on my early teenage years, when I found a complete collection at a second-hand book store, written in Castilian, which I learned by reading her, by the way! It was love at first sight. I bought the entire collection and I have them at home since then. I love her acid sense of humor and how the problems she lived in Argentine back on the 60's still fit our times. I can't remember how many times I've re-read those books, rolling in laughter for the hilarious and contagious stories. Quino, who was born in 1932, is still alive and have other fantastic creations, always with sharp-minded personalities, his trademark.
I hope you enjoyed it, and for more Favourite Things, visit Blue's page!

6 comentários:

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

*hugs* I hope you have a wonderful weekend Nydia!

Take your camera with you this weekend, I think you will need it :) *hugs*

Kyanite said...

So, glad you made re Fav. Things & the heads better. I've started recently to suffer from migraines so can sympathise.

Mafalda looks & sounds fun.
We all have our cartoon character favourites - Wilma did hers the other week.
Mines a dog of course Fred Basset!

Love to you all
Blue

Dragonstar said...

I don't know of her, but she looks great fun!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps she preceeded Peanuts, maybe Schultz was influenced.

Roan said...

I've never heard of Mafalda, but she sounds like a marvel! BJ

Anonymous said...

Mafalda sounds absolutely CHARMING! It is so wonderful when humor from another time translates into our era... it goes to show that human nature is essentially the same, though the dress and customs may change. what a little miracle. xoxox love to you! (: Sasha