Monday, September 1, 2008

Dream with a meaning


On the night from Friday to Saturday, Lucas had this weird and meaninful dream about his auntie Dedê, my older sister who died last April, 27th.

We were going to the health post to have his immunization shot when he told me about it. He said that he saw her at a hospital room, where a man, whose face he couldn't see, held a small pair of scissors and cut off the little mole she had behind her shoulder, "the one that went up through her arm until reaching her brain" (according to his own words), and she got well. Then she divided herself in two, a 'colored one' like us and another one gray and white. Both came walking to my house straight to our veranda, and there she/they stood looking out the balcony. Then, after some time, they turned to Lucas, smiled and each one gave him a big hug, and vanished. Simple like that.


It took me by surprise because we were talking about other things - but anyway Lucas always takes me by surprise when the subject is the other world... It made a lot of sense to me. Some days earlier, it was my sis's four-month anniversary of death. My mother is been in such pain we don't know anymore what to do. She's been ok for some time after she visited the mexican shaman, but a few weeks later, depression took her again and now she cries everyday, because everything my sister suffered and said don't leave her thoughts. I feel it in my own heart and I understand my mother, because I block every thought of what I heard an saw when I visited Dedê at the hospital and at my mom's place on the few days she stayed there before gping back to hospital to die. I do it because I need to keep my sanity, I loved her so much, and anyone who went through something similar knows how hard is to deal with these painful memories.


Well, I call my mother almost everyday to know how she's doing, and thank gods we're a very close family so she is surrounded by love and we're taking care of her until time makes the trick and soothes her heart. I thought it would be good for her to know about this dream, and I was right. She recognized it, like I did, as a message from Dedê, that whatever she's been through, it's over, and now she's really free. I do hope that in mom's subconscious, it helps her a littleto get over her pain, at least.

10 comentários:

Dragonstar said...

Nydia, that's a wonderful dream for Lucas to have. I hope your sister's message brings some peace to your mother and yourself.

Patty said...

I have often heard of those who have pssed coming back in a dream with a message. I have dreamed of my dad serveral times sine his passing almost four years ago. It always leaves me startled because he doesn't seem to know he is dead and I tell myself (while I am dreaming) that Daddy is dead and I am always confused then the dream seems to take on a path of its own, usually I don't remember what the dream was when I wake, only that I had one. Lucus is young so his mind is still open to messages. Don't be surprised if he dreams of her again.

This Guy said...

Sounds like Lucas is a very gifted young man! I'm sure your sister still visits and looks after you all, what a truly wonderful dream! :)

I lost my mom a year ago, I know the pain and suffering that a loved ones had to endure, the pain that still haunts us today.

Everyone greives in their own way, tears are good, they cleanse the soul and allow our feelings to escape so we don't bury them too deep down. You must be terribly worried about your mom. I hope she finds a way to get through this truma, it takes some of us much longer to develop those special coping mechanisims...

You sound like a strong close knit family, you're strength will keep everyone safe! :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I can't think of anything more healing than you and your Mom hearing about Lucas' dreams. Children resonate with the other side for a very long time, especially with wonderful parents who don't make them afraid of this ability. Your aunt is DEFINITELY sending a message that she is OK on the other side and you can all heal. It's beautiful really and I know what it's like to see someone you love disentegrate like that, it's so very hard to deal with.

Thank you so much for the reminder that not everyone is facing Mabon and fall in general, you're absolutely right! Hang on, spring is coming. And the veil still thins at this time of year for you too and look, you got a message from the other side!

Anonymous said...

Very supportive and healing for you all.

Janet said...

That was a beautiful dream Lucas had. I do believe young children are very close to spirtiual things like this. I hope his dream brings your mother some peace.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I hope your mother finds some peace in this matter. I can't imagine anything being more traumatic than loosing a child.

I'll say a little prayer for her.

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm so glad my words helped Nydia, I really believe that she came to say she was OK.

I tried emailing you but the email came back. I have a little Halloween/Samhain surprise for Lucas and wondered if you could send me your mailing address? sueridler at gmail dot com

~SkullBlossom~ said...

Hi Nydia, stopping by from my blog -- of course you can sell, make, give away, whatever, anything you make based from the free kitty pattern on my blog, including another pattern...I'd love to see you post a pic of the kitty you made from felt!

Hope you and your mom continue to have strength regarding your loss, very sad sometimes is this vale of tears.

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I have thought about this ever since I read it yesterday what a powerful dream for your insightful son to have! It warms my heart to know that he will always have this moment of closure, it proves the strong bond the two of them had through their souls.

Such a wonderful thought!