Friday, September 26, 2008

A taste from childhood



Rodrigo brought something he knows I love from his parents' house: sugar cane. This delicious plant is everywhere in their property, for my luck! I used to eat it a lot when I was a child, in little sticks my father or my brothers would cut for us to savour in our veranda.



Last night when I got home from work, hubby took it from the fridge and gave me a full plate for my delight. It was like being a little girl again, sitting on the ground under the sun with my parents and siblings around me chatting while competing for the last stick!



Do you have a taste that brings back your childhood days?

3 comentários:

Maebius said...

how awesome! I've never eaten fresh sugarcane, mostly due to being fairly close to the northern part of the planet, and cane doesn't enjoy snow very much. :)
As for my food that takes me back to childhood, it would be red-beet eggs.
I grew up eating my grandmother's home-made beet eggs, and they are delicious.
Either that, or birch beer (or just nibbling on sweet birch twigs).
Thanks for the memories!

Suzie Ridler said...

I haven't had sugar cane since I was in pre-school! That is so cool Nydia. For me it's blueberries. I love, love, love them and they have always made me happy.

BTW, that's not a real spider in my post! I'm so sorry I scared you. The pic turned out very real looking, LOL. It's just a plastic hand with a plastic spider attached. :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Mmm, I've had sugarcane before, it's awesome!

My thing from my childhood is rock candy! Takes me right back!