Thursday, September 18, 2008

Favourite Things - Cats



Favourite Things is a cool meme created by my friend Blue. You can write about anything you consider your favorite, from a poem to walking bare feet (like I did some time ago). Just post on your blog and leave a comment on Blue's page letting her know you joined the fun.


I love animals, from tiny ants to giant whales, I love them all. Or better, almost them all... I'm terrified at the sight of spiders, I guess I mentioned it here.


But if there's an animal that I particularly love, this is the cat. Wild or domestic, I'm fascinated with its charming and beautiful nature. I used to dream of keeping a tiger at home when I was a child, so I could lie my head on its belly to sleep!


Here are some funny and thought provoking quotes about cats I found on CatsInfo, a cool site with everything about these fun, sweet creatures:


*"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."- Mark Twain (a notorious cat's fan)

*"Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."- Mark Twain Notebook, 1894

*"I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul."- Jean Cocteau

*"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow. "- Jeff Valdez

*"There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person."- Dan Greenberg

*"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."- Leonardo da Vinci

*"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."- Unknown

*"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."- Anonymous

*"People who hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life."- Faith Resnick

*"As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind."- Cleveland Amory

As you know, I have the privilege to be owned by a crazy cat, Baruck. It's been eight years since he was given to me by a co-worker after finding him lost on the road near our working place. From that day on, life was never the same. He became my master.

6 comentários:

Michele said...

Oh I love the cat picture with Lucas! Cute!! I love cats too! If I could I would own I hundred of them!!
I love this post! The quotes are awesome!
{Hug}

Kyanite said...

Terrific post.
As you know I love quotes & I had to smile @ your cat ones.
Like Michelle, I think that's a lovely photo of Lucas & Buruck.

Do check out Reader Wil's Fav. Thing post, as she did pussies too.

Love
Blue

Reader Wil said...

As you know, I have the privilege to be owned by a crazy cat, Baruck.

That's exactly what a cat does : he owns you! While a dog has a boss, a cat has servants.
Good post and nice to find somebody who is also crazy about cats like me.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, you know I love my cats! Great post!!

Dragonstar said...

Baruck is beautiful! I love the photo of him with Lucas.

Roan said...

Love those mischievous blue eyes.