Friday, April 30, 2010

My favorite apple pie



Everybody shares their favorite recipes around, but I'm always shy, since everything looks much more delicious than my recipes, LOL!

But today I shoo my shyness away to share - wow, sounds like a tongue twister... - my favorite appel pie - excuse my bad English in recipes, I make a mess on kitchen terms!

3 apples
3 tablespoon of sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon in powder
200g of butter
3 cups of grounded cornstarch cookies
1 can of condensed milk
4 yolks
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 can of buttermilk
Cinammon in powder

Peel and chop the apples in cubes without seeds. Simmer them with sugar, stirring until getting a purée. Add cinnamon in powder, stir and reserve.

Heat the butter and add the grounded cookies. Simmer, stirring well for 3 minutes. Reserve.

Prepare the cream: take to the oven the condensed milk and yolks, stirring until geting a bit firm. Put out fire and add vanilla and buttermilk.

Line the bottom and sides of a cake pan with the cookies mix, pressing to firm it well. Spread on it the apple purée and cover with the cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon in powder.

Keep it in the fridge until time to serve. If you could translate this messy recipe description and give it a try, you'll see it's delicious!

PS: The photo is not mine, but it looks like it. I'll post some photos when things are ready!

7 comentários:

Brian said...

I'm at my job looking at the pic of this...why am I torturing myself like that? That looks some awesomly good! I'm putting up the banana beer bread recipe this weekend on the blog!

Have a great weekend!

Nydia said...

LOL! Wait to see the rest of the menu!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, this sounds soooo good!

Mother Moon said...

that looks so good and sounds even better... will have to try it out... thanks for sharing

Nar said...

It sounds good to me! Looks nice too. :) Blessed Samhain!

Lisa said...

haha nothing to be shy about. Looks and sounds wonderful.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Okay Nydia, I am with you on all the ingredients except one: Cornstarch cookies...maybe vanilla wafers?