Monday, April 5, 2010

Little witch's thoughts...



Sometimes (or better, all the time!) Lucas takes me by surprise with his thoughts... Everyday there's something different. Last night he came with this. We were talking about family, kids - he started the conversation stating how absurd it is for him that priests and nuns can't get married and raise a family. Then he was silent for a while, and said, "you know mom, sometimes I think about it, of not having my own kids." I asked why, and he replied, "ah, it too demanding, and what if I tell my kid not to do something, he says okay, and then does it anyway? And what if he gets hurt?" My jaw dropped but I calmly replied that that's what parents are for, to guide kids so they avoid some problems, but there's no way of avoiding getting hurt sometimes, it's part of life. Again he was silent (and I thought, this is going to be one of those long nights LOL!), and said, "yes, you're right. Besides, how anyone would know when I die, if I don't have a family??" I had to laugh... Things are getting complex!

4 comentários:

Naukishtae said...

Lucas has some very grown up ideas.. also very deep.. Goddess Bless

Lilac Wolf (Angie or Angela) said...

He is an amazing kid, and you are a fantastic mother.

Danni said...

You have a truly amazing son, Nydia and are a fantastic mom! I can't think of many people who would have been so calm and honest. :)

Reader Wil said...

How clever of Lucas to discover the true meaning of family. He is brilliant!!