Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ABC Wednesday - O is for O Rappa



O Rappa is one of my favorite Brazilian bands - I'm sure you don't them... - with a great singer and awesome compositions. Their lyrics have a very strong social impact, talking about poverty, hard-working people, slum communities, specially Rio's. They make an amazing mix of rock, reggae, samba, MPB and hip-hop. This song, É Dia de Feira, or I's Fair Day, makes me want to dance and sing along.


For more O posts, visit the ABC page, and join the fun!

5 comentários:

Roger Owen Green said...

Not familiar with the group, but I liked the song!

On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, thank you!

anthonynorth said...

I've never heard of them either, but that was good.

The Fairweather Blogger said...

Can't say I've ever heard of them but, listening to that piece, I should have done! Who markets them? And why aren't they promoting them worldwide?!

Thanks for visiting The Fairweather Blogger - the Operation was a success, but I'm in agony right now that the morphine has worn off!!

Gary

Tumblewords: said...

O! So right - this band makes you want to dance and sing. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Thanks , so much