Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life is Good meme - Third round!



The lovely and thouht-provoking lady Janie, from the Mother Moon's Message chose me for this meme, and I'm happy because thi is the thrid time someone think of me on this! The wonderful thing is that they all sent me totally different questions! How can I resist? :o)

Here are her set, and my answers:

1. If you could change one thing in your past what would it be?
I don't think I would really change anything in my past, tempting as it may seem... As I always say, everything I did, or didn't do, led me to this very moment, and I wouldn't change that not even for all the money in the world. Nothing happens by chance, yadah, yadah...

2. What would you do if you won the lottery?
First, take care of all my family, being sure everybody would have an even more decent life and comfort, me included *grin*. Then... On the road! I'd take my little witch and visit all the places I always wanted, including Alaska! LOL

3. What was your favorite band when you were a teenager?
Dire Straits. Along with it, there are many others that I loved, but Dire Straits were my soundtrack for years! I have many of their long-plays, I adore Mark Knopfler's amazing guitar and harsh/sexy voice, and I still consider Terry Williams a cloe-to-perfection drummer (sure, Pick Withers is great too). Local Hero is so beautiful!

4. If you were a car, what kind of car would you be and why?
A Bettle. My father had a wine-colored when I was a kid, so it brings me good memories. And it's so small and compacted, it seems so easy to drive and park - as if I could drive anything, I'm terrified of streets and roads!

5. If you could sit and visit with 3 people who have passed, who would they be and why?
In my family - my father, my sister, and my grandfather (mom's father), for all the obvious reasons: I would love to hug my dad once again and smell his perfume, to tell my sister how much I loved her and listen her call me "neguinha" one more time, and to ask my grandpa to tell me about the other side (he was a great story-teller!). Celebrities - Jimi Hendrix, becaue he was so damn crazy and open-minded, imagine what would come from him... And again, Einstein and Van Gogh - these guys would have so many things to tell me they woud wish to be dead asap! LOL

6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Besides chocolate, my forever love? Cupuaçu, a Brazilian fruit, typical from the Northeast part of my country, is a bitter-sweet fruit that becomes an awesome ice-cream, and I always take it with... chocolate ice-cream! They're a perfect match!

7. Beer, Wine, or Liquor?
Due to my notorious migraine, I don't like drinking because it awfully worsen my crisis, but I love dry white/red wine here and there. Brazilian beers are my my family's favorite for all occasions!

8. Where would you go to vacation if money were no object?
To be a child again, Disneyworld, any of their parks. To enjoy Nature, Fernando de Noronha Island. To visit ancient pagan places, England and Ireland.

9. What is one thing that make you steaming mad?
I guess this is almost unanimity: People that are gross and mean. I m always sweet to people, I have no reason not to be, so I do get mad when I see someone being gross, specially for free. Then I can be very gross as well.

10. Why did you start blogging?
Let me see... Back in 2007 I started my Brazilian blog, because I thought it would be cool to post about my life as a wiccan mom, but I received very little feedback - though I'm stubborn like a mule and still write there, but much less frequently than here. It was when I first met Marcia Richter, then a wonderful mama-to-be that became my friend up to now, she started her own blog, and I started my Bringing up Salamanders in February 2008. Little by little people started to give feedback, which encouraged me to go on with it, and here it is! Along these years, so many things happened, and many people became real friends, giving me support when I really needed it, and sticking with me during my hard times when I decided leaving my ex - something I will never forget and will never be thankful enough, and I just want to keep this chain for as long as I can!

So... Is everybody still awaken? LOL Now the fun part, to develop my own messed up questions:

1. If you could live in a book as a character, which one would it be and why?
2. Do you have any article of clothing that you would never throw away?
3. What's a childhood memory that you cherish?
4. Is there any horror movie that you would never watch again, so scary it was?
5. And have you ever had a scary moment that made you reflect about your life (that you can/want to share, of course)
6. At what time of the day you're in your best? Morning, afternoon, night?
7. Is there a song that would define you?
8. If you could be an animal, which one would it be?
9. What's your motto, if you have any?
10. If you could be a super-hero, which one would you choose?

... And to pick up to whom I will address them, but of course everybody is welcome to answer, and no one is obliged to! :o) So my victims are:

Brian (again!!!);
Marie;
Dani;
Tori;
Gabby;
Mama Kelly.

5 comentários:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Hey there sweet lady.....you are a winner of an extra prize in my 1st anniversary giveaway. Just send me your address and I will have it in the mail to you by the first of next week. If you had a choice would you take turquoise or blue/purple as a color.....need to know for the prize.
The Olde Bagg, Linda

Marie S said...

It is so lovely to know you better.

You also won the Lion Cab giveaway on my blog. Congratulations!!!
I need your address and to know whether you would like me to put a pin back on it or leave it the way it is!
Love and hugs dear one!

Nydia said...

Linda and Marie, I'm so happy for winning your giveaways! I'm honoured!:o) I emaild you both with my info, thank you so much!

Tori said...

Thank you Nydia! <3

I hope all is well with you and your little witch.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get to this this week. It's my finale week of classes! Hopefully once I begin work with a normal schedule (and no homework!) I'll have more time. =)

Brian said...

I'll be doing this tonight when the Spawn are gone dear! That and I'll be drugged up so I can come up with some crazy ass questions! HAHA!!! Oh...and you will be getting it back!