Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Experiences...


I was reading Suzie's last post about paranormal experiences, and I realized I've forgotten to share one of Lucas' experiences with it right after we moved in here last August. He is a very sensitive little witch, and I never let him know how coward I am on this topic... I face my beasts alone, and always make him see that this is something natural and okay, not to fear.

So he was on the bathtroom doing his stuff and came out of it some time later looking cheery. I asked what happened and he said that grandpa Delcio (my father who died in 2001) was on the bathroom with him! He said he was leaning against the wall wearing a heavy dark grey jacket - which he had - and jeans, looking at him with a serious but friendly face, then nodded and vanished. He picked a frame where there's a dad's coloured photo, and showed the jacket, stating it was darker that that (thing is that frame is old and the sun catches it all afternoon and bleeded it along the years). Everything very matter-of-factly, for my and mom's delight. Then he went to play outside.

I always get amazed on how easily Lucas has these experiences. I wish I could open myself to have them too. I know it's there waiting for me, but I chicken off, blocking the chances. This is something that more and more I see I have to work on, and face, to be whole. But I just can't pressure myself yet.

6 comentários:

Danni said...

It's amazing how much more receptive children are to these sorts of experiences. I think often times our ability to let ourselves go in this way get fainter or disappear as we get older and other things become our focus.

I know you'll be able to open yourself up to these things one day, you just need to be easy with yourself. *hugs*

Ponderosa Pagan said...

Children just dont allow themselves to let anything get in there way. They are definitely more open then adults. We think to much.
He is lucky to have a mom who allows him to talk of such experiences! :)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

It would be delightful to be that open. It also would be fun if Lucas and GK could spend time together....I think that they would have a very fun supernatural time together. (((hugs))) until next time

amy said...

I am the same way to an extent. I consider myself open to spirits but then on the other hand I don't want to see them! One time I even closed my eyes so I wouldn't see anything. Fortunately children don't know about that part or being scared. What a cool visit though albeit in the bathroom. :)

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

We are taught that ghosts are scary or up to no good, no wonder you don't want to meet any! I have and it scared the heck out of me!!!

Patty said...

Yeah for Lucus..I hope he keeps this wonderful gift!
You know how much I love the ghost!