Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ABC Wednesday - P & Q

I missed last week's post, so here I come with P for fun & thoughtful Pagan stickers:








And Q is for Quiron, the centaur.


I always loved this sweet, wise centaur, teacher of Aquiles, and a gifted druid.

At Wikipedia I found this nice description: "In Greek mythology, Quiron was held as the superlative centaur among his brethren. Like the satyrs, centaurs were notorious for being overly indulgent drinkers and carousers, given to violence when intoxicated, and generally uncultured delinquents. Each Centaur was also wild and lusty. Quiron, by contrast, was intelligent, civilized and kind. He was known for his knowledge and skill with medicine. According to an archaic myth he was sired by Kronos when he had taken the form of a horse and impregnated the nymph Philyra, Quiron's lineage was different from other centaurs, who were born of sun and raincloud, rendered by Greeks of the Classic period as from the union of the king Ixion, consigned to a fiery wheel, and Nephele ("cloud"), which in the Olympian telling Zeus invented to look like Hera. More recent tellings hold that Quiron's peaceful characteristic and intelligence unlike other centaur is because he is taught by Apollo and Artemis at his younger days." Sweet, isn't it? :o)

For more Q posts, visit the ABC page, and join the fun!

7 comentários:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I passed alone the award, thanks for thinking of me. I even answered Danni's question too...kinda fun. I have that tolerance sticker on the back of my car....but I gotta find the WIATCH one now....
Blessings and (((hugs))) until next time

Sylvia K said...

What a delightful post for the P & Q days, Nydia! Love all the "peaceful" posters! And Quiron is perfect for the Q! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Roger Owen Green said...

LOVED the pic of the centaur!

Let's give peace a chance - great message.

amy said...

I love these!

jay said...

The stickers are great (especially the frog one, LOL!) but I did love the story of the centaur!

Brian said...

I have always loved the Tolerance one! But the Wiatch one is so freaken funny!

Tumblewords: said...

Perfect! I love these -