Friday, May 7, 2010

Fishing stones around


I love gemstones. But after I worked as a secretary for a famous jewelry located in Rio, I could see how the mining destroys Nature. The jewelry's founder's famous saying: "Gemstones, an one-time harvest" had a big, negative impact in me. That's right, you can't "plant" a gesmtone again, and the wound will be open forever...

But, on the other hand, the stones' magickal attributes can't be ignored either. So I seldom get them, but when I get, I fall in love. The immense variety and beauty make me dizzy, I am this contradictory!

This afternoon I went to my favorite esoteric shop downtown, and looked for a gemstone for Lucas, for him to place in his dragon incense burner's hands. He's been asking me this for some time already and I always forget! Bad, bad witch...
I watched that lots of boxes and let my intuition guide me, since I'm not an expert on the subject. I felt attracted to two beautiful types, cat's eye and ocean jasper.

So I chose one of each, and brought for him to choose which one would be the dragon's and which one would be placed on his altar, if he wanted to - as I use to say, it was like offering bananas to a monkey.... He loved both but chose the cat's eye.

My next step is to rub some mugwort - I finally found it here!! - on them to enhance their properties, and leave them taking a moonshower before placing on the proper places.

The interesting was the research I made about them. My intuition was right: these gemstones fit Lucas' moment like a glove.
For instance, ocean jasper: "This stone is said to help with one's emotional life. Its colors relate to the solar plexus, said to be a storehouse for emotions. Holding the stone is like holding on to an anchor, a safe haven, while allowing deeply buried feelings to well up like a rising sea. It is said that the Jasper helps these feelings to be released in a way that allows one to process them calmly, without drowning in them. For those who don't need such emotional work, ocean jasper is said to offer a soothing, grounding effect helpful in dealing with change." That says a lot about all the changes my little witch had to go through!

Then, the cat's eye: "It gives the powers of strong determination to do things and is highly recommended for those having birth numbers 2 & 7." - Lucas was born in August 2nd. "It offers a feeling of serene happiness. Cat's Eye stimulates awareness and intuition, allowing the wearer to gain insight and thus find balance in the evolutions and transformations that life brings. It is suited for school going children because it activates concentration. Next to that this stone may be used, just like all 'eye' stones, to ameliorate the eyes and to dispel and heal ailments of the eyes as well. Quartz Cat's eye is a stone that stimulates courage and gives one a sense of safety. It may also be used to heal diseases of the bronchial tract, like asthma, pneumonia and tuberculosis. This stone positively influences the muscles, nerves and motor skills. Quartz Cat's Eye may be used to heal and diminish neuritis, neuralgia and cramps. This stone also positively influences bones and joints."

These stones, that I picked up at random, came to the right hands in the right time.

7 comentários:

windchild said...

Fantastic! I adore stones as well--hematite and tigerseye are my favorites. I was a stone collector long before I realized that the stones had their own energies and personalities. I find stones usually know where they're going, and its wonderful that they found the one they wanted to be with. ^_^

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I love gems, too...we have carnelian out here in the desert...

KB said...

Beautiful story! Our instincts are never wrong :)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love your telling of how the stones chose you. I have found that when I open and allow what is to be to manifest...it always does. Sometimes I am surprised by what has been given to me, most times I feel as though I already knew it. I love a connected life. Blessings to you and your Lucas, who also are connected to life.
(((hugs))) until next time

Naukishtae said...

Ah.. young Sister.. well written.. well done.. there are always so many stones when we set out to find one for our or someone elses stone bag.. or their altar.. or more imoportantly for their pocket... for me, I always try to listen.. and I feel and hear the stone call me.. some times I feel the stone calling me from a block away.. Always pick the stone that calls us and it will be the right stone....

Goddess Bless

Anonymous said...

I have a very strong love for nature’s artistry and polished stone. As an artist, I love wearing turquoise. I’m always amazed that the black veins intersect the surface. The color is brilliant like the hues of sky and water. I love the rich teal color of malachite and the marbling in some pieces. Copper is so warm and rich as a jewelry accent. I also have etched silver bracelets that are really arty . My mate gave me a blue Topaz that’s just beautiful and later some type of very heavy black stone necklace called black gold. The necklace is mottled with tiny spots of silvery gold. I have a glassy opal from Australia that glows pale blue in sunlight and florescent light and later glows pinkish violet under warm light or regular light bulbs. Needless to say a diamond is a married girl’s best friend. My problem child is Hematite jewelry. It seems iron ore and I don’t mix well; it raises a lot of energy, all of it bad. I’ve been wearing it when I got fired and also suffered a car accident. I collect old bolo ties that are laden in natural stones. I think what comes from the earth is breathtaking. I feel so privileged to be wearing natural stones. Nature is a flawless artist.

Rue said...

My neices are really drawn to cat's eye too - a good stone for kids!

Glad Lucas has some new items for his altar!