Thursday, January 20, 2011

Little witch's protection potion



Lucas is always amazing me with his initiatives, specially when concerning his pagan path. Yesterday, out of nothing, he decided to create his first protection potion all by himself. He took a handful of dandelions from our garden, detached the leaves from the roots (discarding the rest) and let them dry for one hour under the sun. Then he chopped everything to tiny bits using scissors - under my supervision, of course - and put them in my mortar with a good pinch of rosemary, smashing them well (mental note: getting him his own mortar & pestle, lol).





After that, he filled 1/4 of a plastic bottle with filtered water (he said rain water can be used as well), and added the herbs, vigorously shaking the bottle until getting lots of foam, the sign that it was ready to rest for one night during Full Moon (he was very enphatic on this).

This morning he filtered the potion, discarding the dandelion leaves and roots and the rosemary, and put the liquid into a plastic vessel with lid for storage (as you can see in the first photo). You can't believe how good it smells! It's to be used to splash outside around the house to protect it from negative vibes. It can also be used in protection rituals indoors, pouring some drops in the cauldron.

He wrote this "recipe" in his diary (yes, he also decided to keep a diary now!), which means that maybe it will be his first BOS, even without noticing. Let's see what he makes next!

If you have kids, do encourage them to create their own witcheries, even if the ingredients don't seem to fit, you'll be surprised how well the little ones' intuition works ! ;)

13 comentários:

Terryw said...

Thats fantastic! What a good little witch he is! I'll have to try his potion!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I know you are so proud of your Lucas's generosity and caring and intuition. And we are blessed by it. He's a goodie. The Olde Bagg, Linda

ocean1025 said...

He's definitely treading down the right Path...I think he's going to grow up to be an Elder any coven would be proud to have.

LaTrice said...

He is tooo precious. I just wanna give a big hug.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! The things he will do as an adult just boggle my mind.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I do wish I had been brought up in the kind of atmosphere that your little man is being brought up in! Alas I am 41 years young and beginning my Pagan journey...if only I could keep focus! ARGH! LOL

Bandhura

Suzie Ridler said...

What a smart and wonderful creative little witch! I am so impressed and proud of Lucas. So clever and cute at the same time. Loved this story!

Mutableblue said...

My Pixie would create recipes with her pagan pen pal down south, the combinations those two girls would come up with was fun to see.

Alexis Kennedy said...

What an awesome potion recipe! Thank Lucas for me! Nydia you're such a great mom!
Love love love this post!

Danni said...

What an innovative and caring little witch he is! I pour over recipes for hours, changing this and that and he comes up with something miraculous off the top of his head! Keep it up, Lucas!

You're a wonderful mom, Nydia, for encouraging him to trust his intuition and make things on his own. <3

Divaeva said...

How wonderful! ALMOST make me wish I had a wee lad running about making potions and crafty things! Ok, that feeling is over now... *laughs* I will just live vacariously through your wonderful young man! <3 you guys!

petoskystone said...

smart young man, is lucas. kind of scary, though, how well he listens to what you say & do...;)

Strega Mamma said...

A magia maior está na liberdade ( apoio e incentivo) que você oferece e com isso a segurança que ele vai desenvolvendo em si. posso até sentir o aroma dessa poção !
Muitas bênçãos !Bjs carinhosos !