Friday, October 10, 2008

Children's Day



Lucas is waking up every morning asking if it is already Sunday. It'll be Children's Day here in Brazil and he knows there are some goddies for him hidden somewhere in da house.


Some weeks ago I ordered for him this little King Arthur from Dancing Goddess Dolls (his clothes are light brown), and it arrived on Wednesday, it's the cutest thing in the world! Lucas was asking me this for months since he saw it on Kelli's page, so it's great it arrived just in time!
He will also get one of those mechanic arms that grabs everything, you know what I mean? There's a certain cat that will spend long periods of time running away from him for his tail's sake! LOL
And to finish, a little book that teaches how to draw animals with a special pen that can be erased as any times s you want to, perfect for my little artist.
The funniest is that he asked me to prepare a special lunch for his day: integral rice & brown beans (as usual), crispy chicken, McCain Smiles on the oven and spinash. For dessert, yogurt with cereal (I never give him anything milk-based right after meals because it makes iron absortion hard, but only once is ok). The simplest meal ever, and his favourite for any occasion.
There will be a lot of events in the city with activities for children, so it will be a busy/fun day. I only hope that this crazy weather is sunny or at least it doesn't rain!

7 comentários:

Maebius said...

Happy Children's Day, Lucus! :)

Dragonstar said...

It sounds wonderful! I love that doll. Wish Lucas a really happy day for me.

This Guy said...

Those are so cute!! :) When I was a kid I asked my parents "well there is mothers day, and fathers day, but there isn't any kids day!!! When is kids day?" AND the answer I got was "everyday is kids day" LOL

He is going to have a BLAST chasing the cat with that mechanic arm! hahahaha I might get one for myself, my cat walks around like he owns the place... lol

Happy Childrens Day Lucas!! :D

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I wish we had something like that here! Sounds like fun!

Love the King Arthur!

Anonymous said...

Lucas is just going to LOVE the doll! And the mechanic arm, and the drawing book. And lunch! What a great Mom you are! He is going to be so excited. Let him know I said Happy Children's Day!

That is a holiday we don't have here. Could you share some history or background about the tradition? I'd love to hear more about it.

Turtleheart

turningwheelfarm said...

Great holiday! I hope it doesn't rain on you guys and you have a great time. I love the doll too.
amy
http://www.magicalmuse.typepad.com

Tori said...

Happy Children's Day, Lucas! I hope you both have tons of fun. =)