Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chicken pox boy


So now it's official, Lucas got chicken pox. Poor little boy! He started presenting on Sunday those little red spots on his neck and backs, and yesterday it was spreading to other parts of his little body. This morning his face, forehead, and arms are also full of them. He wants to scratch himself but cannot... I'm bathing him with potassium permanganate to releave his itch and to help healing later scars, and as it is in the first stage, things are quite fine. The problem will start when the itching worsens, he'll start taking an antiallergic so the symtoms are not to hard to feel.

Another thing is that I haven't got this when I was a kid! So maybe I'll get it from him. People say it's worse when you get it after growing up, guess I'll have to wait and see. I have to work, so my super-Rodrigo is taking care of him while I'm here at the office, can't wait for lunch time to be with my baby!!

Wish my little witch good luck during this! : (

10 comentários:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Poor Lucas!
I had Chicken Pox as a child, remember the irritaion & being scolded for scratching - TY, no scars.

Give him a huge from me but fingers crossed, you don't pick it up.

Love
Blue

Anonymous said...

Poor kid. Though after a while it will be more tiresome than serious. I hope you don't go down with it. I had a girl friend in her twenties who caught it and it didn't seem too bad. Shingles can be worse - I have had that too but fortunately Meri's Geranium oil cleared it and I didn't get the later serious stage.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, no! Poor Lucas! Hopefully it won't be too bad for him. Maybe time home getting spoiled a little will make up for it a bit?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't pick it up, too. I've heard that can really be horrible for an adult.

Unknown said...

Poor baby! I know this may not be a comfort, but thank goodness he got them while he is young. When my 2 yo got chicken pox, she also gave them to my 15 yo! The older one was miserable, while the younger one sailed thru with no problems!

Dragonstar said...

Our middle child caught it first, and enjoyed undivided attention and solitary baths.
Then the other four caught it. They were most upset to have to share baths!
Poor Lucas will be itchy, but with luck he should get through OK.
I do hope you survive!

Maebius said...

Oh, no The Pox!
I suppose the good news is he'll be done with it now for life, but it's still no fun at all at any age.
One thing my mother did was give me oatmeal baths to relieve the biggest itches and help settle me down.
Take about a cup of dry rolled oats (not the flavoured kind), and blend/process/powder it into as fine a dust as possible. Mix it in his bathwater to help dy out the imflamation and sooth the itches. (Same method works wonders for poison ivy/etc)

I wish him a speedy recovery

Turtleheart said...

Oh no! Poor Lucas! He's at that age when they catch it, though. Poor guy, here's wishing him a speedy recovery!

And, hoping YOU don't catch it!

Tori said...

We all had them as a kid in my family. It stinks, but it's better to get it out of the way. Best of luck to Lucas! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

We have a vaccine here for it now that they give to kids. I had it when I was 18 and barely made it to my high school graduation! Hope you don't get it as kids bounce back so fast and adults it can be really bad. My mom thought she hadn't had it before but then at age 45 or so they tested her and she was immune to it meaning she must have had a really small case when she was a baby and her mom didn't notice. :) Hope Lucas is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh the poor sweetie. I remember getting Chicken Pox and I remember how miserable it was.

Give him a hug from us and here's hoping you manage to avoid catching it

Mama Kelly