Monday, October 6, 2008

Monochrome Monday



Today is Mono Maniacs' Day! Aileni, my dear friend from Loose Ends, created this cool meme where the rules are: "original prints, but converted digital images, sepia and images that comprise black and one other colour only".



This weekend I brought my grandparents' memory back. While looking for a document, I found this photo taken in 1930, the year when they got married. I adore this shot, they look lovely here, and I can see the same smiles that warmed my heart when I was a child. Zaïra and Miguel were my mother's parents, both not with us anymore. What a cool, fun couple! Grandpa was extremely talkative (hhmm... that's where I got it from, besides the nose shape LOL), and used to fascinate me with his endless set of funny stories fom his young times, while grandma was the sweet, tiny old lady who used to take most of our family photos. Since they lived in Rio and we, in Petropolis, one hour and half from them, tThey used to spend long periods at our home that I enjoyed a lot. I miss them, but I feel honored for having their company for a long time, until growing up. Their love was priceless.

You'll find more Mono Maniacs on Aileni' side bar!

12 comentários:

Anonymous said...

She was tiny, wasn't she. Lovely family picture.
It's good that our participants can put these shots up.

Mojo said...

They look extraordinarily happy together. A charming photo.

Petrus said...

They look a very happy couple - full of smiles ..

Dragonstar said...

That's such a lovely picture! How nice to find it again, and how lovely of you to share it with us. Thank you!

Cath said...

A proper old photo! Wonderful shot.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

What a beautiful couple! He looks so dapper! I love old photos like this!

Leslie: said...

She looks SO young - well, they both do. But they look so relaxed and happy in the shot. Thanks for sharing. :D

Roan said...

They look like the perfect couple. She was a beautiful lady. BJ

Michele said...

Hello Nydia.
What a beautiful and loving photograph. It made me smile to see this. They look like a wonderful couple that would be fun to spend many hours chatting with... great memory.. thanks for sharing it with us.

I am happy to be spending time with you once more and I am so grateful for the wonderful comments and support you had given to me and Marcell during my accident.. I really cannot tell you how much that means to me.
{{{HUGS}}}
~Michele~

This Guy said...

Wow, what an awesome picture! They look so charming! Its great to have these old pictures! I should really make a project of getting my photo albums put together this winter!!

Turtleheart said...

What a lovely photo! They look so happy together.

I adore old black & white photos like these of family, I have been fortunate enough to find quite a few of my family, even of relatives from before I was born. I have them on a bookshelf as a special family altar.

Tori said...

That's a wonderful picture. I'm glad you shared it with us! They look like a very happy couple. =)