Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Someone needs a kidney donor

Mrs. B. posted about this blogger friend, Lisa Carroccio, who urgently needs a kidney donor for her 15-year-old daughter Marielle. If you can donate or know someone who can, please get in touch with her via her linked blog. I wish I could, but I was born with only one kidney. She gives directions in the post about the Hospital where her daughter is.
In order to be a donor, one must be in good health. And to be a donor to Marielle who is A positive, the donor must be either an A or O blood type (positive or negative).
One never knows where the help may come from. Let's spread the word!

4 comentários:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Thanks for posting this, Nydia! I can't imagine having a child so sick and having such a hard time trying to help her. I hope she finds someone in time.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a sad thing. I will have to post on 2Witches as well to help spread the word.

This Guy said...

Oh my, I can't imagine having a child so sick, and being helpless to heal. I hope someone is able to donate. I will get the info from Mrs B's blog and e-mail everyone on my list!!
Bret xoxo

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I called the Children's Hospital to see about being tested. I am A positive blood type and am already signed up through the Donor Registry, so they should be able to look me up easily.

I will keep you posted. Thank you so much for putting htis up!