Friday, October 17, 2008

A couple of Carioca Witch stuff

So this week I've been busy choosing things to start my first batch of items for Etsy. But due to this stupid migraine crisis I couldn't go too far as I wished, only getting material ready, cutting image for decoupage, etc. But at least three things are ready.
I hand-painted this green tarot cards holder box with Earth element in mind and added craquelet varnish - it gives this cracking/old look in the painting - don't know if it's visible in the photo. I almost always use it because I really like the effect. I think of making one for each element.
Also, this one made by Rodrigo using a Rolling Stone controvertial (I love its irreverence, which doesn't mean I agree with it! LOL) poster, again with craquelet varnish. I think I want to keep this for me...
Remember that I have a magnetic Wheel of the Year at home? I wanted to make another version, and gathered some images on a wheel. But I want to try other possibilities, using natural materials. The little butterfly magnet marks the passing sacred dates:
I want to hand-paint again a version of the Night Wish box below, that I made for a giveaway carnival last April:
Well, so far so good, that's what I have. I need to hurry up (anxious, me? Naah...), make prim cats - thanks to Skullblossom! - with different embroideries and other cositas...

7 comentários:

Dragonstar said...

The box with the moon is beautiful, in fact they're all attractive. Your magnetic Wheel of the Year should be popular, too. I do hope it all goes well for you.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Wow, they are all gorgeous! I was going to do crafts today, but I think I "caught" your migraine. I don't get them often, but I've got a ferocious one going now.

Miss_Yves said...

Beautiful pieces of art & crafts!
Nydia, did you see my post below "M" comme "médiathèque"?
It was the good one for ABC wednesday : I think you will enjoy my choices " Mother" and music!
Miss Yves

Miss_Yves said...

Dear Nydia,

"M"is for
"Merci"!
kisses
Miss Yves

Tori said...

Those are all so beautiful! I really like the magnetic wheel of the year.

Turtleheart said...

Your boxes are GORGEOUS! How soon does your etsy shop open? *wink*

Michele said...

Such wonderful little items! I bet you are very excited.
But make sure you are well enough and have had plenty of rest.
I have taken a bit of a downspill in my seizures so I may up and down in comments but know I'm always around... I just can't type very well all the time!
Luv ya!
{HUGS}
~Michele~