Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A sweet Litha


We ended up having a sweet Litha day. The morning was sunny and warm, so bright it hurt our eyes! As I promised Lucas, we had our breakfast outdoor, right in front the door. He chose the "menu", strawberry juice, wheat cookies, apple, pear, and bread with butter! I put a cloth over the stone bench, spread cushions on the ground, and there we took our meal, talking about the day. He loved it!


After breakfast, he wanted to make his Greenman mask. I made a background with paper, and he gathered lots of leaves, and made everything by himself, the way he wanted it. It ended up this way (nothing to do with the original mask! LOL But he loved it so much, and got so proud! :o)):

He spent all day wearing the mask when someone arrived, my sister, my brother, mom... LOL Had a blast!

This is Lucas' nest, already with our honey & milk offerings. Too cute!:


In the evening we went to a bar with my family just to enjoy the first warm, cool Summer, and before sleep, we had our little ritual, burning some lavender dried flowers in the cauldron and spreading salt around for protection.
It was the best way to get over the scaring anxiety crisis I had the previous night!

I hope you all had a beautiful Yule time! I can't believe 2009 is almost over!

2 comentários:

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful. I think Lucas grew again he looks older! I am glad you are able to relax and enjoy the holiday.

Bridgett said...

What a wonderful Litha!
Looks like a beautiful day for the two of you.

And I think his green man mask looks really good!