Friday, December 11, 2009

Mom's honey bread factory





Mom just finished her bakery time! Every year she bakes lots and lots of her special and secret Honey Bread recipe, to seel for Christmas. I don't even remember when it all started, she says it was around 42 years ago, before I was born!! Ilove the scent, and it's so yummy...

It's amazing how she goes like a little ant, working everyday until all her orders are completed. This year her customers and friends ordered a total of 112 breads! A rcord! we spent yesrterday and today wrapping them up, now just a decorative Santa Claus sticker and a little tree branch will be added. Tomorrow my cool Aunt Sandra (the taxi driver) will take everything to Rio to be given to the respective customers and to get payment. Then mom can happily shop for her Christmas. It's a tradition at home, and although I feel sorry for her hard-work, I know she gets happy to bring all the sweet things she wants to give to us as Christmas gifts. And there's no way to make her change her mind for next year!

6 comentários:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I bet your mom feels really happy that she earns the money completely herself for the Christmas spending she does. It really is an accomplishment! The loaves already look so pretty all in their rows with the ribbon. I bet they will look totally gorgeous with the sticker and the branch!!!

Divaeva said...

How lovely! Wish I lived closer to get one of those yummy looking packages!

Powell River Books said...

That sure is a lot of honey bread. You can see how yummy it tastes just by looking at it. Christmas traditions are so much fun. I love this time of year. - Margy

Suzie Ridler said...

I am shocked and overwhelmed at just the site of all that work! And love! Unbelievable!

Rue said...

Now I need to come to Rio next year and place an order for honey bread!

Bridgett said...

Wow! Just...wow.

That is A LOT of bread. And, oh, I bet it is so delicious.

)O(
boo