Thursday, September 10, 2009

First day at school.




Lucas was incredibly calm this first day. He said it was because he knew I was there. But he did act as if he was comfortable .

I made a special rune for him to carry on his backpack - because he didn't want a new sword of courage, now he's grown up... So I made a black felt rune with Algiz on one side, and a spiral on the other side, and he carefully kept it with him. Nothing like a little bit of magic to make a little witch feel okay.

We went on foot to the school, a 15-minute walk along the beautifull streets full of trees and under the end of Winter's sun. He didn't complain and demanded to carry his backpack all the time:



His recess time is long, 40 minutes!!! It was great because now I'm sure he'll eat his snack instead of playing! LOL




I liked his teacher at first sight, a lovely lady who teaches for 19 years already, and is very smart. I had the chance of having a long talk to her while the kids were playing around - I can be very boring concerning my son making tons of questions, and she gave me a good sensation.
So that it is, it has begun! Now things will be lighter, I guess!
Off now to help him with his homework - he was so tired when he got home yesterday, that, as it was the first day, I let him make it this morning instead when he arrives, as I usually do.
Thanks for the support, I showed Lucas all the sweet words you guys posted, he loved it! :o)

13 comentários:

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well.

Tori said...

Glad it's going well! <3

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Just had the feeling he would enjoy this school experience more. The long recess is a wonderful idea!

turningwheelfarm said...

Looks really fun! And I might like to do a 40 minute recess too! Glad that he is doing fine. Blessings, amy

Anonymous said...

I am a believer that positive attracts positive...I knew school would work out for Lucas. Glad he is enjoying it and feels comfortable. I'm sure that makes you feel much better. Blessings,
Marlyn

Anonymous said...

What an adorable face!

So glad Mrs. B sent me your way. :D

Mary

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I'm so glad his first day went well! Sounds like a really nice teacher and school :O)

Bridgett said...

What a beautiful little boy!

I'm here compliments of Mrs. B. I really look forward to getting to know you!

)O(
boo

Anna said...

Hi Nydia! Sent over by MrsB along with the Pagan Horde!! I'm glad to find our blog and Lucas is adorable! Looking forward to future posts :-)

Sabrina@goddessaday.com said...

Hi Nydia! Mrs. B reminded me about your blog, and I thought I'd drop by. Lucas is so cute and I'm glad his first day went well. I'm like you--I talk to the teachers until I know everything I want to know, whether they like it or not!
Brightest Blessings!
Sabrina

Bridgett said...

I just noticed you're following my Holistic blog! Yay! Thank you!

I also have a more personal, family-oriented blog, where I discuss more of my witchy stuff as well, if you're interested.

Here's the link:
http://booplustwo.blogspot.com/

Hope you're having a beautiful day!

Brightest blessings!

Vixen said...

Congrats to Lucas on a great first day! I sure wish we had 40 minute recesses when I was a kid.

Kris sent me over to say howdy. And I am glad she did.

Patty said...

I am so happy that Lucus is enjoying his new school. I know he will do so well this year. He is growing up fast.