Monday, October 19, 2009

Monochorme Weekly




Last Thursday was another holiday here, Teacher's Day, so I took Lucas to Petropolis Imperial Museum's garden, where D. Pedro II lived with Princess Isabel when they moved to Brazil from Portugal (we became a colony back in the 1500 when Brazil was "discovered" by them).
My little witch took several beautiful photos of all nature around the place (I'll surely post them asap, he's got a gift for photos!). I converted this one into B&W, because I liked the angle he took it. I wish there was a sign saying which god is this, or if it'sonly a "generic" one.



For more cool B & W photos, visit Aileni's meme page.

11 comentários:

Anonymous said...

Very well done, Lucas.

Marie S said...

What great day!!
Beautiful picture.
a budding artist

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful and I think making it b & w was a good choice!Congrats are in order! I've nominated you for the Honest Scrap award! Pick it up at http://thedomesticwitch.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-third-award.html

Rune Eide said...

I suspect it is the Greek God Apollo due to the snake. If you have a photo of the whole statue you may also see a snake (Python)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I think it's either Hermes or Apollo, due to the lyre. Hermes invented the lyre and I think gave it to Apollo.

Statues look so beautiful in b&w.

Regina said...

Beautiful!

Rue said...

Really great photo - well done Lucas! I do really like this in black and white, with the dark trees in the background!

michael bird said...

Nice photo, Lucas. Btw, sure am glad that your country was 'discovered'.

Dragonstar said...

I like this. Lucas has a fine eye for viewpoints, doesn't he?

Miss_Yves said...

A little surprise for you on my blog...if you want to play !

Bridgett said...

Wow...he definitely does have an eye for photography.

Great job!

)O(
boo