Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Workforced or how to laugh over office nonsense

Workforced

For over 15 years I worked as an executive bilingual secretary for multinational companies, and as anybody who's ever worked for one, or know someone who has, while being a chance to meet nice people and share experiences, life in the office can be mostly very stressful and tiring, not to mention a source of gossip and jealous, in the best soap-opera style! I very seldom talk about it here, but I have tons of funny/"tragic" stories to tell about those years...

I survived this crazy corporate world by being always as calm and detached from the dark side as possible, and by keeping my sense of humor before everything, when everything seemed to be falling apart around me (and boy, many times I thought it would really happen!). That's how I survived with only a few battle scars.

So when I stumbled upon Workforced, I felt at home, lol! I could so easily relate to the sharp humor and hilarious posts, that I had to steal their button and keep reading their stuff. Don Joe, the mind behind it, criticizes the officeland with the right balance of fun and food for thought.

Even if you have never worked at companies, but love some bitter humor and sharp tongue, this blog is really worthy a visit, you'll probably get as addicted as I got!

5 comentários:

Malkuth said...

Ah work place stress. Gotta love it. :)

Im glad you can control your emotions. I bet your practice helps you a lot. :)

It does for me.

I will check out the site though.

Malkuth

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

We have some of it in our factories too, but no place comes even close to an office. I admire any one that survives there without to many scares.

I´ll take a look at Workforced now :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Reader Wil said...

You are a wise lady. It's always good to stay calm and detached! I am glad I am retired now. The past twenty years I was my own boss and taught English to adults, which was so nice.

M Pennanti said...

This was my first foray into the pagan blogosphere, and I've hit double gold! Two blogs to follow for the price of one. :-P My coworkers are going to LOVE this.

Janet said...

I can relate. I worked in offices for many years. Lots of stress and gossip and back-stabbing....not a pleasant atmosphere! I'm so glad to be away from all that.