Wednesday, August 4, 2010

ABC Wednesday - C is for Clio



Hello, my friends! I missed joining the ABC fun while I was offblog! It's cool to be back and I can't wait to see what evrybpdy came up with for the letter C.

I'll try to post some goddesses and gods for this ABC round, let's see if I make it to the end, with no interruptions! :o)

For me, this time, C is for Clio.

The Muse Clio, daughter of Zues & Mnemosyne, was the goddess of epic poetry and history and is also considered to be the inventor of the guitar. Her name was derived from the Greek verb kleô, "to make famous" or "celebrate."

Clio once fell madly in love with the King of Macedonia, Pierus and with Pierus she created the beautiful Hyacinth, the lover of Greek god Apollo.

Clio is often depicted dressed in purple with laurels on her hair, in the one hand holding a cornet and in the other a book, where she used to write.

For more C posts, visit the ABC page, created by Denise Nesbitt, and join the fun!

6 comentários:

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

Great Idea! though you missed Athena and Artemis, as well as my friend Bacchus :)

Roger Owen Green said...

Glad to see you back, Nydia. Good category to tackle!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Unknown said...

Oh! Great idea.That will make a nice ABC Series.
Do chk out my 'c' at http://doggywisdom.blogspot.com

Carver said...

Great idea for the letter C. Very unique and interesting.

Dragonstar said...

What a great idea Nydia. It will be good to read these each week.

Tumblewords: said...

A wonderful idea - there's much to investigate and learn in that category!