Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What a b-day!

Lucas's b-day was a busy one, and he enjoyed it a lot!



First we watched Shrek 3, with the movie ritual we adore: eating popcorn and drinking Grape soft drink. The theater was almost empty as if reserved only for us. The movie is really funny and has a sweet message behind all the mad story.



Then he had a blast rolling up and down on this crazy big plastic ball at the mall. I don't know how he didn't get dizzy upside down all the time, lol!


Then we ate at our fav patties' snackbar, just delicious!

We went to his favorite bookstore and he spent a long time choosing what to buy as a gift with the money his dad sent. He ended up taking three books: a pop-up book about a medieval castle with a huge, cool paper castle that shows its inside and characters, another one by Patrick Petit, "Passepeur: Scooter Terreur", and Emily Rodda's first "Deltora Quest". This is the best part for me, and that I've talking all the time at FB: he's totally n love with books. He's doing exactly what I used to do when I was his age, reading everywhere, all the time. It's like a dream come true, lol! Take a look:

At bedtime...


Before going to school...


With grandma...


I have a new bookworm at home to share my love for reading! :o))
Thank you all for the b-day wishes, you guys know what they mean to me! :o)

2 comentários:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I sent Lucas a card awhile back -- just for the bookmark part, I know he's not 9 yet (the age on the card). He is really growing up -- his face is maturing and now comes the years when they change so quickly you could cry!!! Glad he loves books like his mama!!!

Naukishtae said...

Nydia.. My you both be truly blessed.. the days are slow and filled with wonder at 7.. at my age they are but a moment.. enjoy each and every day with Lucas.. He is a special child.. and you a special Mom.. I lived in books most of my life.. it was the only safe place.. Lucas will have wonderful memories of his Mom and Grandmother to look back on with joy because of you..

Be Blessed...

Naukishtae