Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day



Lucas joined the Mother's Day presentation in his school last afternoon. It was so lovely and sweet... I tried not to cry, but I cry even watching TV ads, imagine watching my little witch singing for me! LOL



The place was crowded, and several classes made their presentations. Lucas's class made a rose with their bodies in the middle of the arena, waving paper hearts. He was looking at me all the time, ensuring I was enjoying it!



At the end of the presentation, the kids gave towels with hearts stamped and the moms' names. Lucas chose a lavender one for me. I loved it!



He was all proud. And my heart was melting... When I think about everything we've been through since the last Mother's Day... I thank the gods for this one.

I just read something Selena Fox posted on her FB, and I have to repeat here: "Happy Mothers Day to Mothers of many kinds - mothers of children, of endeavors, of creative works, of sustaining the planet, of honoring Nature!"

13 comentários:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You are such a sweet soul, you deserve the very best and by the looks of it, you have the best....Lucas. Your love for each other is touching and wonderful.
((((hugs)))) until next time.

Lisa said...

How wonderful. ♥ Happy Mother's Day!

Danni said...

This made me smile and I'm sure you'll treasure the memory always. A very happy mother's day to you. *hugs*

Powell River Books said...

Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing your special day with Lucas. - Margy

J said...

Happy mothers day to you.

There is an award over on my blog for you.

Naukishtae said...

I must echo Linda in New Mexico because she said exactly what I wanted to say.. and it has been years since I heard any one mention Selena Fox.. we exchanged e-mail many years ago.. many Blessings on this your Mothers Day.. May you and your son and your house and all that dwell there in Be Blessed..

Nar said...

Happy Mother's Day, Nydia! Hugs and kisses from Turkey.

Miss_Yves said...

A very touching post!

Janet said...

What a fun day! Lucas looks as proud of you as you are of him. Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Brian said...

He looks so damn cute! Happy Mom's Day!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Happy Mother's Day to a VERY WONDERFUL MOM!!! Just ask Lucas!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, he looks so proud!! And I'm sure you were one proud mamma!

I know just what you mean about the crying thing. I cry watching commercials, too!

Rue said...

Awww - so sweet! Lucas sure loves his Mom!