Saturday, May 29, 2010

Monochrome Weekly



UPDATE: On the second photo, first row, there's my dad's sisters - the first and third girl, when respectively 18 and 16 yrs old - and dad's brother - 26yrs old - I totally forgot mentioning that! Dumb me! :oP


My brother Evaldo is obssessed with old times. He knows everything about Rio de Janeiro's history, as well as Petropolis'. He sent me this photo he took from an old book, from the 1927 Summer festival that used to happen downtown here, with people coming from other states just to walk along the famous Imperial time brick streets, and to eat typical German food at colony restaurants. I loved the ladies' clothes... I can't imagine myself being at that time wearing those, but it's cute!


For more Mono photos, visit the main page, hosted by Aileni, and join the fun!

12 comentários:

lina@home sweet home said...

It's very interesting photos...love to see their outfits :)

Thanks for dropping by

Urban-Clicks said...

a flash back in the past... nice to see something different than the regular photography... :)

Anonymous said...

Ya it is different! Good work there Nydia!

John said...

Old times; I think you need to increase the exposure in the PC software, or move the white point, that would take out the 'grey' effect that the shot has at the moment. Hope you don't mind comments.

Nydia said...

John, all comments and help are welcome! :o) I'm just too dumb with softwares to try making it better, ugh! Feel free to, thugh, and let me know!

Kisses from Nydia.

Carver said...

I love how much you can learn of past times in early photographs. I have some family ones from when my grandmother was in her twenties in the mid 1920s that I treasure.

Reader Wil said...

Lovely clothes, Nydia! I like them too!

Brian said...

I love old photos and history period! Talking about Alaska again- that state was huge on it's state's history!

Dragonstar said...

1927 - that's a long time ago. Good to see photos like this.

Unknown said...

memories in B&W

michael bird said...

Guess you don't expect that particular fashion to recycle itself any time soon. I'm sure you would look good in any one of them in any case, now, then, or some time just over the horizon.

Roan said...

I love looking at old photos. They are treasures.