Tuesday, May 18, 2010

ABC Wednesday - R is for Run-Around



Again, I have to post about this band, Blues Traveler. I simply adore these guys (and I know someone in the ABC gang who adore them too, right, Roger?), and John Poppe is the definitive artist. He beautifully and furiously plays the harmonica as if the world would end tomorrow, he composes everything I wanted to tear off from my chest, and his voice is one of the most wonderful for me, it takes me to another world, I fall for him! I used to listen to them on a tape recorder (centuries ago, I know...) over and over all through the night.

So Run-Around was the first BT's song I listened many years ago, introduced by a incredible guy I had the pleasure to meet back then. The melody is great, the rhythm, fantastic, and it sticks like glue. Hope you enjoy it too!

For more R posts, visit the ABC page, created by Denise Nesbitt, and join the fun!

8 comentários:

Sylvia K said...

Great post for the day, Nydia, and I really enjoyed the video, great sound! I'll be checking that out again!Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Verna Luga said...

great sound .... dropping by here:

Red’s Reflection

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, yes! Good R...

Rue said...

I think this was the first song of theirs I heard as well. I really liked that album! Haven't heard it in a long time...

Mother Moon said...

I got to see these guys once and simply loved them... good choice... by the way check out my post today, I left something for you... blessings

Unknown said...

Great sounds abound here!!

http://www.gardenersreach.com/post/R-is-for-Roseate-Spoonbill.aspx

Roger Owen Green said...

Ah, I get a NAME CHECK in your blog! Sweet!

Don't know this album, though. I should check it out.

ROG, ABC Wednesday

Reader Wil said...

Good choice for R!! I don't know this band but I shall try to find some of his music on youtube! Thanks for your visit!