Monday, November 10, 2008

Monochrome Monday

*UPDATE: Sorry for esterday's lack of photo! Here's my Pretinha! :o)*


Today is for Mono Maniacs, in the creative meme hosted by Aileni. I chose this old photo from my cute Pretinha, a sweet cat I had 18 years ago when I lived with my parents. She decided that our house was the perfect place for her to live and simply stayed with us for almost 8 years. She was the sweetest kitty in the world, always quiet and gentle, seldom meowing, unless the moon was full and the charming male stray cats were around, then she was scandaly loud!
After having her first brood killed by an awful opossum, because they were in a large paper box outside the house one afternoon, she lived in my bedroom when her second one was born. She would stay inside all day with her babies, and late at night, I had to open my bedroom window, so she could run free for some hours - after that she would scratch it until I opened it for her to come in again. Later the kitties were given for friends, they were four and we couldn't keep them all. One of them stayed, though, and became Talisma, another good furred friend I had.
For more cool posts, visit the Mochrome Maniacs!

9 comentários:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

But Nydia, where is the picture of the kitty?! I can't see her!

Nydia said...

Darn it! I forgot downloading Pretinha's photo! LOL Sorry, everybody, tomorrow it will be here!!

Kisses from Nydia.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Nydia, I wrote you an email, look in your spam folder in case it goes there, it is about the wool!!! You can tell it is from me because I put my name in the subject line. Okay, bye for now, looking forward to the picture of the kitty tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Success! Unique colouration/pattern.

Dragonstar said...

Nydia, that sweet picture is worth the wait! I've not seen a cat with quite that patterning before - lovely!

Thanks for all your very kind comments today, I really appreciate it - and I certainly appreciate help with my dragons! Thank you so much.

Roan said...

What a fine kitty! She looks a lot like I did when I painted the living room! BJ

Suzie Ridler said...

What a lovely kitty indeed. You are so lucky to have had such a beautiful pet! Fantastic photo too Nydia.

Michele said...

Ah... yes, a pretty kitty indeed!! You were fortunate to have such a beautiful animal... what a nice photograph done in this manner!! =)
{HUG}

Julie said...

I love the picture of the kitty and the story that went with it. Nice shot