Monday, November 17, 2008

Baking weekend

On Saturday Lucas helped me with this delicious recipe from Sacred Suzie: Bonnie Stern's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.  Oh-my-gods. It's the most delicious cookies recipe I've ever made! So easy to prepare that is almost ridiculous. My only problem was to find the chocolate chips. Usually it's the easiest thing in the world, but gods know why, this time I simply didn't find them anywhere! So I replaced the chips for a chopped bar of chocolate. The result was the same, awesome!
It was so good that the batch disappeared in the same afternoon we prepared it (we had a friend visiting us to play the guitar with Rodrigo who also loved it!), so yesterdy I made another batch. Actually right now I'm at the office eating one. This is definitely on my favorites... It's so worthy a try!

7 comentários:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I'll have to copy that one and save it! We've had so much birthday cake lately, making cookies doesn't sound very appealing, lol!

Suzie Ridler said...

Woohoo! And OMG, that was a genius idea, putting some chocolate bars in there?! I bet they were even better than mind, LOL. I am so very happy you loved them and made this. This truly was like getting a big hug from you and your family from around the world. Enjoy!

Maebius said...

how yummy and delicious-looking!
Now I'll have to make some oatmeal-raisin cookies tonight, to banish the sudden craving this post inspired!

Michele said...

Ah... this is wonderful. How yummy and delicious is this?!! What a super idea to bake these great treats and simple to do as well as snow falls outside!
Thank you for the wonderful idea.
{{HUGS}}
~Michele~

Dragonstar said...

Oooo! This sounds like such a delicious recipe! They look lovely, too.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOo chopped up chocolate bar. They ahd to have been SOOOOO good.

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Oh that looks awesome! What a fun family you all are!

Um... I like cookies :)
I quit smoking.. I think ya'll should send me some cookie smells.. that way my butt doesn't get any bigger, but I can have good dreams!!!

:)