Friday, November 14, 2008


It's raining hard in Rio in the last couple of days. Last night we had a huge storm! Thunders rolling, lightnings crossing the skies. I just love when it rains like that! I love to feel the electricity in the air, the darked rooms being lit by the lightnings... Lucas woke up in the middle of the night by the sound of one of the thunders, and called me to stay with him for a while. As he knows how I love storms, he tries to be brave and to enjoy it as well. We kept listening to the rain falling outside, thanked for being safe, and asked for protection to those who are homeless. Then he fell asleep again.
The ugly side of the story is that Baruck's litter box was full of water in the morning, although we keep it under the veranda's sink at night, with the winding storm it wasn't enough to protect it. So I had to clean it up, arght. Grrr... A good way to start the day, eh? I'll start training this cat to do these things by himself.

6 comentários:

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh dear! That is a sign of water week you could do without!

I love storms too, I was freaked out by them as a kid and grew to love them. Perhaps Lucas will too?

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I love storms! We hardly ever get good thunder and lightning storms where I live now. Just days and days of cloudy drizzle in the fall and winter (it's that way now, yuck!).

Dragonstar said...

Ugh! Cat messes should be banned in the mornings! Actually, I'm in favour of banning messes altogether ;)

Tori said...

I love storms. Sorry about the litter box. I know what you mean, though. we had a storm over the summer that did the same thing. I wish our cats would learn to clean it themselves!

Turtleheart said...

Oh, I *adore* thunderstorms! It is extremely rare to get any where we live now, I really miss them. I love when they are at night; when I was little, I loved to lie in bed and listen and watch the lightening and I would open all my windows in my room for the fresh air.

Do you have Lucas count between the lightening flash and the sound of it? The higher he can count in between means that the storm is moving away. Maybe it would be something he could do to keep his mind off his fear of the storm.

Patty said...

Thanks for tagging me..Mine is up on my blog