Monday, October 18, 2010

Witchering with mom



I decided following with Lucas The Diary of a Witch's Samhain craft using dandelions. We have tons of these lovely plants growing at our "garden" - not really a garden, it's all paved in old cement but with cracks where ordinary plants grow wildly, and beds on the sides. Anyway, I thought it would be a great chance to introduce my little witch to this simple part of witchcraft that is so important to learn, that is preparing herbs to dry for potions and other stuff.

So on Saturday we picked a handful of dandelions, and Lucas happily separated the leaves from the roots. We washed everything in current water, I chopped the roots to dry under our wardrobe, and we hang the leaves into my wardrobe (the darkest, driest places I could find in the house, lol).

Now he's enjoying the process of checking the leaves every morning to see how long it will take for them to dry so we can go to the next step. Every chance is wonderful to open a new window in his witchy side, as he's so willing to help and learn. I'll post more as soon as the roots get ready for the oven (the leaves will still remain in my wordrobe for a couple of weeks at least)!