Sunday, October 10, 2010

Late updates on Ostara

Only today I realized I haven't posted a bit about our last sabbath, when a new one is fastly approaching.

Not that there was anything super happening, but I always like to share our simple witchy stuff. This year I made with Lucas fun drawing our favorite pagan symbols on warm eggs with crayons. As the crayon slightly melted, the patterns got soft, beautiful, and the symbols, more vivid to enjoy, not to mention the obvious fun of messing with them!



He prepared his altar on the previous night with his decorated eggs, our old, adorable little egg holders from Pooka's page, our favorite Eostre image of all times by the awesome artist Scott Brooks, a vase of flowers chosen by him, and a yellow candle, everything over a cute kitchen cloth table that I stole from mom, with sunflowers and bees, very much into the Spring spirit!



My little altar had my decorated eggs, flowers picked under the Full Moon from our place, and a sweet fairy card I got from my friend Lyn when I won her cute ET voodoo for Lucas.



Do I need to say he woke up really early on Ostara morning?! lol He was so anxious to see if the Bunny had left him his Kinder Eggs, it's the same every year! ...And his little furry buddy didn't let him down...



We had a good day at home, with our family, just enjoying each other's company. In the evening, we performed our little ritual, calling the quarters with jelly beans, and thanking for one more year of health and love, hoping for abundance on the coming season.

I hope you had a good first day of Autumn as good as our first day of Spring! ;)

6 comentários:

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

Nice! I also love the picture of Lucas tight there--------> from facebook

Alexis Kennedy said...

Oh Nydia, what a sweet blog! Those pictures are just too adorable for words! Thank you so much for sharing. I feel like you and Lucas are a part of my family, and it's so nice to see snippets of your witchy life.. hugs!!

Mother Moon said...

I simply love hearing all the stories about Lucas and his adventures... his alter is wonderful. thanks for sharing

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I so love seeing what you and Lucas are up to!

Kally83 said...

So sweet! It looks like a wonderful time. Thank you so much for sharing, I love hearing how other mom's involve their children in spirituality :)

Divaeva said...

You have the most talented little witch! I love his art! :)