Monday, September 6, 2010

Living life and crafting

Hello friends!

Life's being kind to me these days, though an awful migraine crisis caught me last week almost driving me crazy as usual, plus a tootache that worsened things a bit, grr... Oh Let's forget that, it's past now, thank the gods.

Lucas got a mild cold this weekend that surpringly didn't got really bad besides a low fever and aching body. Seems like he's growing up with a stronger immuno system, which is relieving! Today he's almost brand-new and all he wants is to be okay tomorrow to participate his first school's Olympic Games.

My mother traveled to her cousin's beach house last Friday to spend a couple of weeks, she was longing to be there since New Year's Eve! Da House's kitchen is all mine again, poor Lucas and Evaldo, lol! She really needs this break in her routine to simply be a woman and not a mom (you know what I mean!), to sunbath, drink some beer and laugh with her friends, I'm happy that she's got these marvelous relatives and friends who always ask her to go, she's really a fun company - I already miss her and so does Lucas: he hates when she's gone! If there's something positive (besides the obvious, lol!) about us living with my mother, is this special link was built between my little witch and her. Lucas adores chatting with his grandma, and he cracks her up with his absolutely funny remarks and thoughts. They read together, make crosswords together, and she tells him stories from her childhood that he loves listening to. The balance between the youth's energy vs old age's wisdom is perfect, and since my mother has a truly young soul, this bond has a special touch.

I've been still quite busy in my witchcrafts, so here we go again, I have to share my last babies again! Bear with me? :o)

Today I finished Hades for a dear friend, with a pinch of dried pomegranade in the stuffing). This one was extra fun to create, because Lucas gave priceless suggestions (though I had to leave many other ideas aside for lack of room, lol!) to the embroideries after I told him the deity's myth. He practically demanded me to add skulls "anywhere" and the boat. I was wise to agree, I guess:


I finally got a new version for Freyja that fits way better how I wanted Her to be, and I started making baby Goddess matching the big ones to be used as keychains:


Brigid also got a baby one now. It's fun and cute to make tiny versions of Them with compacted embroideries:


Also I finished a couple of Mabon-related Goddesses for another customer, and the scent of cinnamon and clove was delicious reminding me of Yule time...



One sweet thing is that I've been receiving new photos of Goddesses at customers' house, and I'm adding them to my personal file's collection. It's so cool to see how They're doing after leaving my place! The last one was my friend Marcia's beautiful little daughter Victoria and her Cuba goddess-to-hug. I can't believe how grown-up and cute V is becoming! I first met Marcia on the net when she was pregnant, we always kept in touch, and now her daughter is this lovely little lady:


As you can see, not much time left to do anything else, lol! Still got some special babies to create this week, plus Suzie's kit from my own giveaway. I love this is a great time for my shop, the extra money is absolutely welcome, since it's the extra and official money actually! ;) And to keep my mind busy brain-storming to create the right embroideries to tell each deity's tales is a blessing!

Besides this, I've been reading and adoring every turning page of Naked, the book I won at A Nu (de) Motivation giveaway. This book is a pleasure to read, full of wonderful healthy tips for the body, mind and soul, and high-quality photos that make the reading even more pleasing. I highly reccomend it.

Well, that's all folks! I hope your weekend was good and next week is great!

12 comentários:

Andréann said...

all those goddesses are so great!
I didn't thought of photographing Mariann with our Fire God. She called him hers each time she saw it :)

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I love those "baby" dolls that go with the bigger ones, and the skulls on the first are the perfect touch, tell Lucas he was right about them!!!

Suzie Ridler said...

As usual, your witchcrafts are fantastic! I am glad to hear you and Lucas are doing better and am still so fortunate my name was drawn from the hat. Hugs to you both!

Divaeva said...

I adore you beautiful little witchcrafted Goddesses!

Anonymous said...

All your Gods and Goddesses are beautiful! I will definitely take a photo of my babies when I get them and put them on my blog and facebook page. I will definitely promote your etsy business!!

Lots of love and light,
Marci

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

wow! you HAVE been busy. I do love the autumn Mabon goddesses- maybe because I am yearning for fall :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Hope everyone is feeling all better!

I can't believe that you do such amazing hand embroidery! The detail is incredible!

I am lovging the Mabon Goddesses!!

Ponderosa Pagan said...

I am always surprised at what you can create. You are an endless fountain of amazingness!

Illustrated Ink said...

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better! Lovely creations, as usual!

Unknown said...

wonderful witch-crafting.

what a beautiful bond you and your Lucas have with your mother. lovely.

Powell River Books said...

I'm glad life has been good to you and your family. You deserve it. I did some crafting this week. I painted jars to hold my spices. Now my shelf is both functional and attractive. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Hi Nydia....

I left you a little present over at my blog under "Happy". Hope you enjoy.

Blessings,
Marci