Monday, September 22, 2008

Ostara



I made this Slideshow because we took many photos and this post would be much longer! :)
Rodrigo was in Minas for his monthly Homeophaty Saturday course, so the weekend was a bit different without him. He returned this morning and already ate his chocolate eggs, the hungry man!

It was a good Ostara day, but it rained all day long... We planned to do lots of things outside, and we needed to change our "schedule". Lucas had colored cute egg holders from Elsie & Pooka the day before, and yesterday morning he woke up very early, going straight to the altar to see what the little buny had left for him, and got delighted with the little eggs and the Kinder Egg he found.

Then we went to the veranda (while the rain wasn't falling) and he found more little eggs on the herbs pots. He dyed four eggs with colored tissue paper (my fingers are still dyed...) and drew pagan symbols on them - he's all proud he learned how to draw pentacles - to decorate the altar.

Exactly when we were finishing this part, the rain fell like the world would end, and we had to go inside to plant the seeds he chose: Cayenne pepper, carnations and aniseed. I spread old magazine pages on the family room floor and let him have fun, he really loves dirting his hands! All the time we were talking about themeaning of this day, why it is important, and this way he learns without noticing.

In the evening we made our little ritual in front of the altar, and it was fun, because we separated four little jellybeans for him to eat while greeting & thanking each Element's Guardian. He raised his arm holding the candy saying, "Hurray, Fire Guardian!" and ate one jellybean, and so one for the four directions. Then he wanted to greet them all over again!

In the end everything was alright, a long indoor day but full of fun and positive vibes. I hope your weekend was fine as well and those who celebrate the Wheel of the Year had a great Mabon.

8 comentários:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

What a beautiful alter! I am always amazed at how you're able to come up with such creative ways to include Lucas in all of your rituals. Using jellybeans to call the quarters! I will definitely be using that one come next spring!

Happy Ostara, Nydia!

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm sorry it rained, what a bummer, but it sounds like you had a fantastic time regardless. Lucas is too cute!

Can you believe I caught a cold today? Ugh. I managed to use what little energy I had to make apple crisp and bread, but my bread looks really weird. I think I screwed it up!

Blessed Ostara to you!

Tori said...

I'm glad I decided to check out your blog. =)

That really is a beautiful alter. Sorry it rained for you! It looks like you still had a fun time.

Happy Ostara!

Dragonstar said...

You obviously didn't let the rain spoil your festival. What a load of lovely photos you have there. Lucas looks so happy!

This Guy said...

Blessed Ostara to you! You have an amazingly beautiful Alter! :) Lucas is definatly a Cutie Pie!! Its kinda upsetting that it rained, but it looks like you had an amazing time anyways!!!

Thanks again for the amazing comments on my blog post! :) I truly appreciate your kind words as always!!

Big Hugs!!
Bret

Kyanite said...

The slide show is delightful, Lucas looks so happy.
Thanks for sharing your celebration.

Love to you all
Blue
x

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Nydia, if you email me your address, I will send Lucas a CD full of Harry Potter themed music! What I found for that "mix tape" was not the good stuff, just the stuff that they had on their site. I have a bunch of songs from Harry and the Potters, The Whomping Willow, Moaning Myrtles, Ministry of Magic, and Draco and the Malfoys! I bet he'd love all of them! (I'll leave off the song about Draco and Harry being in love, lol!)

My daughter plays these songs constantly. I have to admit, I love them, too!

In case you don't have it:

mrsbbradley AT hotmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a blessed Ostara! I love the slideshow, as always, I can't believe how fast Lucas grows! He did a wonderful job coloring his eggs, they are beautiful.

Turtleheart