Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ostara on the way

Lucas can hardly wait for Ostara to arrive! He' been asking me every single morning when he wakes up, "Mom, how long is it for Ostara?". Now that it is so close,he's making plans al the time! He wants to dye eggs, to draw magickal symbols on them, to plants new seeds, to go for a walk in the park, to color bunnies illustrations...


Seems like it was the other day that I celebrated Ostara! The Wheel is turning way too fast lately! This is one of my favourite sabbaths, along with Beltane. It's the Spring Equinox fo us, the first day of Spring, a lovely time, when we bid farewell to the cold weather and welcome the new flowers in blossom, the warm days - although the weather is absolutely crazy these days in Rio! It's been rainy, windy, and cold! Apparently Winter decided showing off a little before giving room to the warmer season. Only now the sun is up after a wet morning.

I aso love Ostara because it's related to East, representing Air, my element, as a good Gemini that I am. As this sabbath represents new beginnings, renewals and fertility, it's just great for me at this point of my life!


I'll make sure to prepare something special to eat, and that our altar is all bright with incenses, rice, eggs and flowers to honor the special day. Only that, instead of the 22nd, I'l take one day earlier to celebrate it on the 21st, a Sunday. Otherwise I won't be able to spend the day playing with Lucas! At the same time, you folks will be celebrating Mabon over there! Any plans for this day?

6 comentários:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I keep things simple for Mabon. I will make a nice feast dinner, with a roasted chicken with herbs from the garden, homemade bread, corn that we froze from the farm market, and an acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar.

I'll also do a ritual of thanks, where I write down what I'm thankful for this year on scraps of paper and then burn them in my cauldron.

I bet Lucas is going to have a blast on Ostara!

Dragonstar said...

Have a blessed Ostara, and may all your uncertainties be resolved.

Patty said...

I hope you have a wonderful Ostara. Please post some photos so I can come by when I get back from my trip.

Suzie Ridler said...

Aren't you lucky that spring approaches and you are leaving winter behind?

You're Gemini? No wonder we get along so well. I'm also an air sign, Aquarius.

I will be at the doctor's this Mabon unfortunately. I think I'll order a pizza and then celebrate the next day.

This Guy said...

You're a GEMINI!!! Thats Awesome!! Me too! Im June 4th!! what are you? I too love Ostara, BUT for us it signals the promise of colder weather and winter! So... Ummm... Can I move in with you? We'll just trade houses every 6months, and avoid the cold all together! lol
Its true, it seems that the wheel has been turning rather quickly lately. Before we know it, its going to be another year past!

Anonymous said...

Beltaine was my favourite. I too am an airsign and a Gemini - just, for I am right on the cusp which turns out to be the middle of the thirteenth zodiacal sign -Arachne.
A sign of magic and prophecy.
Read 'The Thirteenth Zodiac' by James Voight. prabably hard to find.