Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ABC Wednesday - J



Hello, everybody! Here we are again for the ABC weekly meme hosted by our friend Denise. The letter is J, and this stands for Jeans on the wall!

There's a story behind this cute piece: My mother made this organizer out of old retired jeans' pockets my three brothers didn't want anymore to wear. That was over 30 years ago! I used it when a seven-year-old child to store my little dolls, crayons, cartoon magazines... little things litle girls have.
Then I grew up into a teenager and it accompained me storing my lipsticks, my incenses, teen magazines, school notebooks, you name it.
When I moved out to live in Rio, of course it came with me, and kept all my stuff neat. When I married Rodrigo, it was on our family room, keeping our newspapers, bills, letters, incenses, sunglasses...

Now it belongs to Lucas' bedroom. As you can see, some of his toys are there, as well as his current Harry Potter book we're reading at night. From time to time, he replaces what's inside to other stuff, but it's still useful and cool, and I bet he'll keep it to store his belongings for a long time, just like I did!

You can also find the same cool posts at the ABC Anthology's no comments page.

17 comentários:

Dragonstar said...

Denim is wonderfully long lasting and hard wearing. It sounds as if these jeans are well on their way to becoming a family heirloom!

Anonymous said...

A neat idea. Certainly puts years on a pair of Jeans.

Janet said...

I love this idea! And how wonderful that it has been with you so long and still does a good job of storing things.

Bear Naked said...

Nydia
That is a wonderful heirloom that you have passed on to your son.
What a great idea and I now will start saving the pockets from my husbands old jeans so I can make some of thesefor my grandsons.
Thank you so much for this wonderful craft project idea.

Bear((( )))

Unknown said...

Cute idea! I did something similar for my girls when they were younger. I use old jeans in all types of crafting projects: pillows, purses, grocery bags - they are so useful and sturdy!

Miss_Yves said...

Hi! Nydia!
Wonderful idea !I love your photo:it's very funny !
kisses from
miss Yves

Suzie Ridler said...

Isn't denim amazing?! So cute to pass it on to your little one.

I am so behind with the Harry Potter books which is a shame. I love those stories but the movies are already ahead of me.

mrsnesbitt said...

A great idea! Always good to have lots of storage!

Fairy Mae said...

Cooooool! What a great idea!

Richard Lawry said...

what a cool and original organizer.

Reader Wil said...

Ah that's a very good idea to store anything!

Anonymous said...

This is a FANTASTIC idea! My husband is always wearing out little holes in his jeans and then won't wear them, and I always think its such a shame to throw them away, so I keep them, waiting for an idea on how to use them. Now you've given me a great one!

Turtleheart

gma said...

Nydia, I love these kinds of things. I had a diaper bag made out of old jeans it was cool! I have also made some quilts out of old levis. Love Denim!

kouji said...

that's a great post. and a cute keepsake / heirloom. :)

Powell River Books said...

A great hand-me-down treasure for sure. It has a great connection from the past to the present and future I am sure. I invite you to come see my post about jets. -- Margy

Tori said...

What a good idea! I love denim... I plan on turning all my old jeans into a quilt if I can evver find the time. =)

Kim from Hiraeth said...

That is awesome! I loved this post and regret that I just tossed a bunch of old jeans two days ago. I held them in my hand and wondered what I might do with them. . .sigh. . .