Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Blessed Imbolc here with someone getting older



While you're celebrating Lammas, we're here honoring Imbolc on Sunday. It's a good sabbath for me because it's all about cleansing and purifying, and letting go. What a perfect time to do so!

We'll probably have something more than simple in the evening (as usual!), because we are going to celebrate Lucas' birthday on the same day (his actual b-day is on Monday, but my relatives and his couple of school friends will be working or studying, so...), and the whole day will be busy! But Lucas will surely make his traditional paper God to fill it with rice and oat, and burn it in his cauldron - as a good Fire little witch, he loves rituals involving his element...



I will add a touch of paganism to his little Bakugan lunch party by spreading wheat stems at the decoration (maybe amongst the baloons). And Lucas asked me to make a big carrot cake filled with brigadeiro and with the same topping (his favorite cake in the world) and hot-dogs for lunch. So mote it be!

We'll have everything simple with our tight budget, but the fun is guaranteed with this crazy family of mine. The house will be full, and I'll be moved and feel blessed by watching my little witch growing older, healthy, strong and smart. He will be 7! Can anyone please stop the clock??

Wishin - in advance, got too much to do tomorrow preparing the goodies! - you all from the Northern Wheel of the Year a blessed and joyful Lughnasadh, and a great Sunday for those who don't follow the pagan path!

11 comentários:

Andréann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCAS!!!!

:D

And happy Imbolc to both!

those details on that imbolc god are amazing, btw!

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the party and the simple imbolc celebration :) Somehow knowing Lucas is a little lion makes it easier for me... ;)

What out, I might be giving birth that day! ahah

Andréann said...

*watch out, I meant

Suzie Ridler said...

I hope Lucas has the best birthday ever and I have a feeling you are going to make it happen! Blessed Imbolc to you both as well. I am sure it is going to be one heck of a party! :) And OMG, could he be cuter? I just don't think so!

Mother Moon said...

A blessed Imbolc to you and yours. And an early Happy birthday to Lucus.... My middle son's birthday is the 1st. Don't you just love having a Leo in the house....

amy said...

Happy birthday and Imbolg to you two! Hope you have a great weekend.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Happyiest Birthday to the sweetest little brown haired boy witch I know. I hope you have a super day and a blessed Imbolc.
GK and Ry send you magick fun filled balloon wishes.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas!! I hope you have the best day ever.

He is the cutest little guy....love that smile of his.

J said...

Happy Birthday and Blessed Imbolc, Hope you have a great time with those who care for you around you.

Jen

Nar said...

I hope your sweet little boy had a blessed birthday!

Sara said...

Blessed Imbolc to you... and a very happy birthday to your special boy. xx

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, a very Happy Birthday (though a little late, lol!) to Lucas!!

It goes by so fast! I wish I could have slowed all mine down at that age. It's such a great age!!