Monday, July 26, 2010

The Full Moon at home



While I was away, I also took the time to go deeper in my pagan path, reading, writing on my bok of shadows - knowledge is never too much, as my uncle used to say.

I always like to keep things very simple about rituals and spells, no patience to make elaborated stuff, I tend to wander, seriously. So esbats are pretty simple here. I usually have two of everything because of Lucas. As he loves taking part of sabbaths and esbats (and every witchy else that he notices I'm about to do), I make the ludic part with him, and then, after he sleeps, I make my solitary rituals and prayers. Those with kids at home understand the reasons: there are always spontaneous interruptions and comments that may break the focus (I don't really mind, he's learning and playing after all)!

So at esbats, I light a white candle on his altar, place a glass bowl with water, and he pours some drops of blue guache on the water to see the images that comes up (he "sees" everything you can imagine, from dragons to mermaids). While he visualizes them, he focus on good, positive thoughts. I took this from Elsie & Pooka page a long time ago, and he loves it. We're also trying to restart making dreamboards for Jamie's Full Moon posts, but life's been busy lately, but soon I'll get the pace again.

After Lucas sleeps, I simply light my altar white candle and say a little thank you prayer to the Goddess after drawing a pentagram on my forehead with the water from my chalice. The candle takes its own time to end, and I sleep too. I'd love to know what you guys do at your esbats!

1 comentários:

Ponderosa Pagan said...

Sometimes I feel so busy and always seem to never prepare for them. But I have gotten into the habit of making three wishes on the full moon.
One is for yourself, one is for someone else, and one is for the Earth. Then I charge items on my altar.
Glad your back!