Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Updating

I'm sorry that I'm not posting nor visiting my friends' blogs as I should and wanted - I do miss our "chats"! - but things here are getting more and more hectic, with moving time so close now - too many things to do and prepare! We decided to spend Christmas at my mother's place, after all. I'm really worried about her and I wouldn't feel well being away from her at this delicate time. Rodrigo was sweet to agree with me, so I'm going to Petropolis on the 15th to spend some time with my family (while he goes to his parent's to take care of some things about the house to be built and retunring in time for Christmas)  and on the 26th we go to Minas (in January we return to take care of the apartment's rent and other things). Brrr!!!! Rodrigo's father called yesterday and told us that the ground is levelled and the area was all cleaned up. I can't wait to get there and see how it is and take some photos!
Yesterday we went Christmas shopping. Well, at least we started it. We bought a couple of gifts for our 4 nieces with reasonable prices, and between today and Friday I want to choose my siblings' gifts. We still have to decide what to givew to our respective mothers, and I still don't know what to buy for Rodrigo... Maybe a kit for his homeopathy remedies that he's starting to prepare. I'll have to think about it today, sometimes is hard to decide on this, we have already given each othe so many different gifts that the list is shrinking after ten years together! LOL
Our Spring is still that mess: sunny weather, then suddenly cloudy skies and raining a lot (like right now!). We've never had such weather here as far as I remember... I can't even believe that Summer will start next month! I wonder how it wil be...

Still about the moving: I want to spread sea salt over the ground where the house will be built to give it an extra protection, but Iwonder if this would be wise. Any opinions?

12 comentários:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I'd be careful with the sea salt outside. I'd ask the builder if it's okay to do so where the house will be built (or do a little research). I'm sure it probably wouldn't be enough to make a difference to the building materials, but I'd definitely make sure. And I'd be careful putting it anywhere you might later want to plant things. Salt isn't usually good for the ground where you'll plant.

Maybe you could make a witch's bottle to go in the ground where the house will be built? A nice big jar full of sharp things - needles, pins, razors and the like, then filled with vinegar, wine or urine. The urine sounds weird, but it ties the bottle to you. If you do the wine or vinegar, I'd suggest adding a piece of hair, or a drop of blood to do the same.

Just bury it in the ground where it won't be disturbed or broken.


I haven't been blogging as much lately either. It's such a busy time of year! There is just so much going on. I was glad to see you post today!

Nydia said...

Thank you, Kris! Yoiu're right, we want to plant a lot of protective plants and flowers arouhe house to make it look nice and safe, and I was thiking of spreading salt only inside the house plant. I have a witch bottle in my apartment hidden behind the books - not with my urine but with my hair. I'll bury it somewhere here and make a new one for the new house for sure!

From now on it will be harder to post daily, but at least once or twice a week I'll try to...

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Nydia, I didn't realize you were moving so soon. I have been on pins and needles waiting for a surprise sent with the wool to get to you...altho I'm not familiar with pagan rules, I think from a practical view, putting the sea salt is a good idea, because it would help keep insects out from under the foundation or piers of your home, and keep weeds or molds from growing, too. Or perhaps you could take a bucket of salty sand from the beautiful beaches of RJ and spread it, I think it would have the same effect.

Michelle said...

How exciting - the move is here! I will miss your beautiful posts for a while but I know you're terribly busy (and can commiserate, believe me!). Sending good energy to you move and to your mom. Hope you have a beautiful week.

Anonymous said...

Olá Nídia ...
Meu nome é Juliana e sou de Campinas, SP. Descobri seu blog em português por acaso, e, desde então, te faço uma visitinha quase todos os dias pois tens muitas infos e links muuito bacanas. Tenho duas filhas e seus posts sobre a bela maneira como vc envolve seu filhinho lindo com a Arte têm me inspirado.
Por acaso também, descobri a versão in english do blog e nossa ! tem mais informação e troca de idéias ainda ! :)
parabéns por tudo !
meu e-mail, caso tenha vontade de contactar-me, é rodrigues_juliana@hotmail.com.
Um beijo.

Suzie Ridler said...

I think it's amazing you have the opportunity to bless the foundation of your home! I personally would scatter a little sea salt and probably some cinnamon too for additional protection AND good luck.

I understand you needing to spend time with family and that life is busy. I'm spent and December has hardly begun!

Maebius said...

Don't worry too much about blogging, the Internets understand! It's a busy time, and focus on the family and future move is a big important thing. (But I'd love to see pictures of the place afterwards!)

I think that a sprinkling of sea salt would be fine, as a symbolic/magical act, but you don't want to be casting buckets of salt around which will mess up the soil and harm anything growing nearby. A handful under the foundation won't hurt though, since it's the energy of the act more-so than the physical salting that will protect it. Perhaps a better idea is some sand from the beach! It's still "earthy" and has traces of salt as well, but much less chance of disturbing the micro-ecology of the dirt.

Best of luck, Happy holidays, and Enjoy!

Tori said...

I can't believe your move is coming so soon! I'm excited for you. ^^ Can't wait to see pictures of your new home.

Don't worry about blogging. Everyone understands. Have a good holiday season!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Nydia, another thought: you should have GUEST BLOGGERS to each take a turn making a post, because truly, I would hate to see you lose any readership while trying to get your Etsy shop going...!!! LOL...

Anonymous said...

I think the 'bottle' is a good idea particularly near the spot where the door will be. No more than a handful of salt. Eventually a charm over the main door lintel might give you extra security.
Isn't it exciting - hope your mother improves so that you aren't torn.
Don't worry about the blog, everyone will realise.

Genie Sea said...

WOW! Busy busy! These are major changes you are making in your life, and they are exciting ones. Your friends understand and support you in your new journey!

I have no wise advice to give you about salt. I do not know any rituals. I only know, in Greek superstition, salt is placed if you want someone to leave. Does it work? I don't know. :)

Best of luck with everything Nydia :)

Dragonstar said...

Think of protective and cleansing herbs as well - just a scattering. All will go well.