Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In rainy Petropolis...

Hello, everybody!!  This mountain city is under water! Gods, it`s unbelievable how non-stop this rain is right now! Oh, I miss you guys! I miss visiting your pages and talking to you. But here we are in Petopolis, at mom`s, spending great days, our first real vacations for years! On Friday, my Rodrigo went to Minas Gerais with his dad, who came to fetch him and Baruck - who was a chapter apart, how hard it is to make a cat to get into a travelling box?! Poor cat, he was so stressed and frightened that it took us almost one hour to make him simply enter that damn box. He was meowing as if the worst spirit was trying to possess him... But in the end he calmed down, with his favorite lion toy and blanket. Rodrigo said he`s doing fine and adapting well to his new place.
On Saturday my aunt Sandra took me and Lucas to Petropolis, with tons of luggage, among clothes, personal articles, toys, my magick stuff, handcraft things... It is really good to be here at my mom`s house. This is the very first time I can stay more than five days straight (we`ll go to Minas on the 29th), due to my tight working schedule. The only negative note is that, with the drastic change of weather (and life), as Rio is rainy but hot, and here is so chilli and rainy as well, Lucas got his old tonsilits back, and the fever is haunting him since Sunday. But medicines are being given and his mood is great, he loves being here with his fun grandma.
I already set a little altar on my bedside table, and while I chat and "gossip" with my mom and brother Evaldo, I take the time to make little witches for Carioca Witch and some handmade gifts for my relatives. The Summer Solstice ins approaching and I`ll have to make something discreet to celebrate, since my family is catholic and you know... They respect my choices but I wouldn`t feel comfortable celebrating the sabbath like I do at home. Oh well, I`ll find something to do at our bedroom, lit a candle and thank the coming warm season.
I just wanted to let you know how things are doing. I hope you are doing fine, in good health and good spirits. I`ll be back as soon as I can. Take good care and keep me posted too about you!!
Bright blessings & kisses from us.

PS: Oh, and don`t forget to stop by the great 2Witches quartely giveaway! They`re offering one of my Goddesses this week! Take your chance if you like it! ;o)

12 comentários:

Patty said...

I'm sorry you are getting so much rain, but glad you are with family and are finding time to relax and have fun. Sorry your son is sick again. Maybe he will get use to the climate change soon.
I have an idea for you for the summer solstic. Maybe you can cut out paper suns and hang them in your room. That would be a nice way of welcoming the season.
Also thanks for the reminder at 2withces. I went by and put my name in.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear from you. Sorry Lucas' throat trouble has flared, might be a bit of 'moving stress' involved. We have moved several cats over the years and it never easy.
We will be celebrating Solstice also thus we might avoid the Festering experience.
Take care, Blessed be.

Genie Sea said...

I love hearing about your journey! It's so exciting. :) I hope you have a great time with your family and in entering your new home and new stage in life. :)

Tori said...

I am so glad to hear from you! Glad you're having a good time at your mom's.

Sorry to hear about the rain and Lucas' throat. Hope they both get better!

<3
Tori

Maebius said...

Glad to hear things are moving along (even if a bit over-damp) there, and hope the fever clears up for Lucus in time to enjoy the holidays.
As for celebrating with your family, The summer solstice in the Catholic calender is celebrated by St. John the Babtist's day, so you can feast, play games, and celebrate right along with your less witchy relatives. I'm sure you could come up with a cross-denominational festival to keep everyone happy and in the holiday mood. *grin*
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/activities/view.cfm?id=501

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

~hugs~ I've missed you so much! So glad you are enjoying yourself. I hope everyone is feeling better. Take care... Yule is coming up on us quickly.

Have a great holiday!

Marcia said...

Aww sorry to hear your little man is sick. I have had a sore throat myself for a while now. It's definately no fun. Blessings for Lucas to feel better! I hope you have a great day!!!

Marcia

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Yay! So happy to see a post from you! Sorry that Lucas has tonsillitis, but glad you are at your mom's and can have a nice long visit. Hope Baruck the Kitty gets settled soon. They get used to new places quickly. All the changes, even positive ones, are hard on people's minds, though, so hang in there!!!

Turtleheart said...

Good to hear that you are having fun with the family and that your move is under way! So exciting! So nice that this move gives you an extra long visit with your family along the way.

Poor Baruck! There are not many cats who enjoy travel. But at least he is adapting well to his new home.

So sorry to hear Lucas is sick again, but it sounds like his grandma and uncles are helping Mom take good care of him! Hope he feel better soon!

Dragonstar said...

I've missed you, dear Nydia, but it's great to hear that you're enjoying yourself. Poor Lucas - any stress and temperature change can set off the tonsillitis. Having a fun visit should help him to recover quickly though. Hugs to you all.

soraya.magalhaes@gmail.com said...

aqui também só chove!!!
férias com chuva= cineclube residencial. só nos resta o cinema.
e Lucas? tá gostando das férias e da mudança?
beijos prá família toda. da família aqui (Soraya e Ian)

Genie Sea said...

Happy holidays to you and yours! May the new year welcome you in your new home full of love, health and abundance! :)