Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Holiday Fun

*Don`t forget to turn the music off!!!*

Our Christmas night was so good! We usually have a lot of presents because everybody gives at least one gift for each other member of the family(although some years were hard and only the kids could get them, but the fun and love were the same). We never cared for expensive gifts, just things that showed our love and care. This year was over the top though, because even our older nieces and nephews wanted to give somthing for everybody. That`s why the tree looks so piled up!


Since my older siblings were little kids, my mom has the habit of taking the children to one of the bedrooms while gathering the presents under the tree, then someone would say "ho ho ho!" with a deep voice and the door wuold be opened and we, kids, would see what Santa left for us. Mom still does so, and Lucas, Maria Clara and Bruna (the oldest grandchild, who was sick, porr sweetie, but she`s fine now) could hardly wait to see the magic once more.

It was a beautiful night, with joy, laughter, fun and a little prayer for our Dede. My mother`s sound of laughter was priceless.


Tomorrow we are going to Minas Gerais at 1 pm. It will take me some time to have Internet connected, so I`ll be offline. I`ll get online once or twice a week at a lan house as soon as possible, though, in the meantime, to post photos showing how things are going and how the house`s construction is progressing.

Thank you all very much for the lovely words of support! I do wish you all a wonderful New Year night, and I hope we keep our friendship along the next year and further more. See you soon!!!

10 comentários:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh, what fun pictures! I love the one of you and your mom especially! WOW! What a pile of presents! LOL!

The granny-square afghan on the couch is so cute -- reminded me of my grandmother's house, so cozy & everything handmade & nothing wasted, not even a bit of yarn. Love it!

Have a lovely, lovely New Year.

Turtleheart said...

Wonderful photos, Nydia! So much fun to see your family and what a beautiful celebration you all had together. That one of you & your mom together is just fantastic!

I'm sorry to hear you won't have much internet access for a while, I miss reading your posts and "chatting" between blogs! It's not the same without you around. But I'm very excited that you are getting closer to moving into your new home and I can't wait to see pictures of how everything is progressing!

Have a wonderful & Happy New Year! Wishing you lots of peace, love, and prosperity!

And sending you *lots* of HUGS!

Michele said...

Such beautiful photos... enjoyed seeing the fun and laughter!
I am glad you had a good Christmas night.
I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful New Year with lots of love and joy and much health and peace!
~Michele~
((Hugs))

Tori said...

I'm glad to see all of those happy pictures! It sounds like Christmas was fun. Have a great New Year! Good luck in your new home. =)

Bear Naked said...

Wonderful photos.
A belated Merry Christmas to your family, especially Lucas and a very Happy New Year to all of you.

Bear((( )))

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you - what a New Year this will be for you. I feel excited for you.

Randilin said...

Looks like you had a great season...

Dragonstar said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time. It means so much to the little ones - as well as the not-so-little!

I hope everything is going well for you. All blessings for 2009!

This Guy said...

Awwwww I love all the pictures! It looks like you had an AMAZING Christmas, hopefully you had a GREAT new years too!! Thanks for all the awesome and encouraging comments on my blog, you girl, are seriously the BEST!!! The blog looks awesome, so much energy here!! :)

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Happy New Year to you all.
May it be a wonderful one.

Love
Blue