Monday, December 1, 2008

Getting ready fo Christmas





This Saturday we spent Saturday rainy morning decorating our little Christmas tree. Lucas always love doing this. I'm Pagan but I love Christmas, it's a family tradition, getting together to spend the night and share gifts, so there's no conflict inside of me. But I add my Yule ornaments to our little tree, so the pagan spirit is ther. IN the end, I only fixed the tree into a vase, and Lucas did everything else. It really looked cute, didn't it? Next year I'll try to have a huge tree, always wanted it!
This year maybe things will be different. We'll probably spend Christmas at Rodrigo's parents house. It will be my first time away from mom's place, hhmmm... Let's see how it goes. Ths is somethign that I still want to talk about with Rodrigo, because it's the first year without Dedê, my sister who died last April, and I don't feel comfortable being away from my mother exactly in this delicate date for her. Well, whatever we decide, it's going to be ok in the end.
On Saturday afternoon we went to a local mall with Lucas' best friend so they could play a bit (an awful weather raining hard again... Holly, our Springtime is definitely not warm this year!). They had so much fun in the mall's park that when we got back home, Lucas fell asleep without dinner and only woke up the morning after.

6 comentários:

Tori said...

I'm the same way about Christmas. It's purely traditional fun, no conflict at all. =) I love being with my family laughing and remembering. I wish you luck in dealing with this delicate time. <3

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

The tree looks pretty! Lucas did a good job of it!

Suzie Ridler said...

What a sweet and wonderful Yule tree! Lucas did great! I love the pentacles on it very much.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, oh that must have been so devastating. Healing energy to you.

Anonymous said...

I agree. The first X-mas without a loved one is tough to get through. I am so sorry. Hopefully you will find a way to be with your mom at this emotional time.

Your trees are gorgeous! Love that little Lucas - what a good job he did decorating!

This year will be our first year without a big tree. My hatchling wanted this pretty little white one we saw in the store, and it didn't cost a lot, so I bought it.

Instead of putting all our traditional ornaments on it, we are going to decorate it yule/winters solstice style!
It will be a nice change.
xo

Riteandritual said...

Considering almost everything about Christmas, except for the baby in the manger, is pagan in origin... the world tree? the guiding star? exchanging gifts and burning candles/fires? big feasts? sounds like in the best pagan tradition to me!

That said, I don't shy away from Christian symbols on Yule either. Paganism is an inclusive religion after all.

That's a beautiful little tree!

Merry Yule!

Dragonstar said...

I agree with others - Christmas was just stuck on top of the Solstice celebrations, and there's no reason we shouldn't enjoy the season!
Lucas is adorable.