Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Fun

*Sorry for the "imposing" song at the slideshow! It came like that and I only noticed it after posting. But you can turn it off by clicking on the trumpet on the left of the slide window!*


After some days of heavy rain and tonsilits, we are finally truly enjoying our vacations. Last Sunday the sun showed up in all its glory, and we went with my older brother Arnaldo and my little niece Maria Clara to enjoy the Crystal Palace and its holiday decoration, to take photos. Then, we went to Santos Dumont's house, the airplane creator, where we took some more photos - they loved the crazy stairs!


It was a good way to celebrate the solstice, under a beautiful weather! In the evening, I lit a candle, said a little prayer and that was it. Lucas was already asleep, exhausted after the long dy of fun. I hope you all had a wonderful Yule night, and tomorrow night you have a sweet Christmas among the ones you love!

12 comentários:

Turtleheart said...

Wow, that is an amazing holiday display! What fun! I love the picture of Lucas & your niece with their arms spread wide in front of the giant Santa.

I am so happy for you, getting to spend so much time with your family! I'm glad you were able to do a little something for Yule in the evening. My Solstice was very simple this year, too. Sometimes, simple is nice.

**hugs**

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Wow, you guys in Brazil really go in for the BIG Santas! How big is that guy??? LOL! And then there is ANOTHER giant one with GIANT reindeer! So cute! Love the whole slideshow -- my favorite picture though is the one of the kids under the portrait. Hope you are having a lovely holiday!

Genie Sea said...

Gorgeous pictures! SO HAPPY! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice for the sun to show up for Solstice - makes world of difference in youe part of the world and season.
Glad you are all ok.
Blessings.

Tori said...

It looks like you all had a ton of fun! I hope you all have a happy holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nydia

It looks like you all had a fabulous time!!! May the rest of the season treat you equally well.

Blessings

Mama Kelly

PS I need you to email me. I tried to send you the winning entries info in the giveaway you posted but it bounced back to me.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Happy Holiays hon!

So glad ya'll had a wonderful time... everyone looks so happy.

Warm Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you all are having a lovely holiday! Love the pics!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful solstice and Christmas!

Suzie Ridler said...

That happened to me once when I did a slide show too, LOL. I didn't know you could turn it off!

Wonderful solstice photographs, so many memories. I'm sorry to hear that your health there has been a struggle, what a disappointment. Glad things are turning around for you now and that you can finally have even more fun!

Thanks for your support Nydia, it was a hard decision to make. I feel it was the right one though and that I need to embrace change. For the better!

Anonymous said...

That is the BIGGEST Santa I have ever seen!
Nice slide show.
Happy Yule/Solstice to you, it sounds like you had a great time.
xo
Your bell should be arriving soon!
xo