Monday, March 30, 2009

Thank you and more updatings

I just love when I have an extra chance to come downtown and be online again! As my set of felt runes was sold (*breathing proudly*), I had to deliver it and, of course, to come here!
Thank you for the feedback on the "music playing" post! As seems like it's not bothering anyone, I'll let it be. I tried once to turn the song off, but it simply doesn't work! And also a big THANK YOU for all the lovely words about Lucas' improvements at school! I can feel your positive vibes reaching me! Your words are always like a warm blanket around my heart. :o))
Autumn is around and the weather has drastically changed. The sun now appears only occasionally, and the rain falls with fury most of time. While it isnot good for laundry (I need to hang the clothes outside, no drying machine!), I love the sound of Nature speaking.
Changing subjects, I learned this weekend that it will not be so easy as I first thought to teach English here. As many of you may know, this was my first idea before moving, to replace the old teacher as she'd retire. Oh well, the lady decided keep teaching, and as this is a real tiny little town, it wouldn't be ethic to try to steal her students. So I'll have to think something else to do here. I really wouldn't like to go back to the old secretary stuff (if in Rio it was becoming umbearable, imagine here, where time passes slower!), so let's see... Rodrigo and his brother will grow an organic vegetable plantation to sell - I do believe this will work, believe me or not, people here do NOT plant their own food! This would help us financially, along with his coffee beans sales, but I have to think in something to do. For now, I'll spread my Translation curriculum around the coffee export little companies, and I'll also try to sell my crafts at the local fairies. I'll keep you posted as the wheel turns...

4 comentários:

Tori said...

Good luck!! You'll find a wonderful job, I'm sure. The world always works itself out somehow.

Alpine Sanctum said...

Oh, autumn sounds lovely in your area. We just recently moved to Colorado where it-never-rains. I miss the rain, and the SOUND of the rain, so much!! Send some our way, I won't mind, promise! :) And you can get some of your drying done at the same time!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Nydia, if the other teacher doesn't retire, could you maybe tutor math or teach "business English," or even "computers," since you are experienced in that? Tutoring is slow at first, but all you need are a handful of steady students, and if you teach adults also, then there are more to draw from as customers.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Good luck! I know you guys are going to be successful at whatever you do!