Thursday, March 12, 2009

Starry, starry night...



Slowly, I start to rebuild my connection with the gods here. Nature being so exuberant (and of course, abundant), I feel even guilty not being in touch the way I wanted to. So last night, I went outside with Lucas, to my in-law's huge coffee terrain, and there we stood, looking up to the mig dark sea of the skies. The explosive amount of stars, and the feeling of unit made me thank the Goddess for being alive and to have this incredible experience of having a child of my own to share that beauty.

I showed him the few constelations I knew (right now I'm printing a celestial map to identify more! I'm a dummy on this, mind me...), and we talked about ETs and so on. Lucas developed an interest on everything related to the Universe and extra-terrestrial life. I try as best as I can to explain what he wants to know, and also tell him a few legends about the subject. Everyday, literally, he asks me something new! After he watched E.T., a couple of months ago, his questions became deeper... I'm in Heaven, because this is somehting I always love talking about! As I do believe we're not alone in this vaste Universe, you can imagine how our conversations go...

11 comentários:

Dani said...

I love this post. Just imagining you and your son...it's just magickal (for lack of a better word). I can't wait to share all the wonder of nature with my little girl! I think a lot about this new generation of children of witches and it fills me with joy that pagan traditions are being passed down like in the old times!

Tori said...

It's awesome that you get to share these things with Lucas. I think the questions a child can ask are just so amazing. I hope you both have more magical nights staring up at the stars. ^-^

Anonymous said...

I would love to sit outside and watch the stars if it wasn't 28 degrees outside at night still. :( I think that Lucas and Melody are on the same wavelength. At night Melody gets to ask two questions in addition to the others she has asked during the day already. I can't answer them all the time either so I have to look them up! Happy stargazing. :)

Amy

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Is there anything better than sharing those moments with one of your children?

((hugs))

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

How nice, Nydia. The stars are so interesting, and it's amazing for Lucas to be interested in them at such a young age. You may have an astronomer on your hands!

Anonymous said...

Marvellous - an enquiring mind and bright intelligence.

Dragonstar said...

I've just caught up on your posts, Nydia dear.
You're bound to feel a bit unconnected without your own space. Don't worry, it will all go right again. Sharing with Lucas like this is going to help both of you - wonderful!
Poor Baruck looks quite severe in that photo. Obviously not a happy cat!
I love the picture of you driving! Getting plenty of practice in private is the best possible way to learn confidence. You go, girl!
Thanks for dropping in, love. Hugs and kisses from me.

Anonymous said...

Nydia!
I would LOVE to spend a day with Lucas and talk to him all about UFO's and aliens. I have always believed in life out there. One of my favourite subjects is the cover-up of the crashed UFO and the alien bodies found at Roswell, New Mexico.
My hatchling and I are always checking out the night skies for blinking lights - lol!

It must be absolutely gorgeous where you are, to look up and see the stars. Standing among coffee plants - it doesn't get any better than that!

((hugs & alien kisses to that little witch of yours)

Chaos and love said...

You sound very happy and excited! Yah! The love theat flows from you for your son makes me smile :D
He might like, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." Gabriel gave it a pretty good review. It is an older movie, but interesting!
Peace

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, Nydia, I'd love to have copies of your mom's recipes! That would be awesome!

I always thought that making bread was going to be really, really hard to do, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't.

Powell River Books said...

When the nights are long here in Powell River, BC, they are usually cloudy, but once in a while we get a clear one and you can see so many stars. I just love going out on my deck on a calm clear night. You can see the sky and a mirror reflection on the water. - Margy