Monday, March 23, 2009

Updating...

Hello, everybody! Last week was a little bit messy, since Lucas got his old tonsilitis back (thankfully in a mild case this time) and a weird case of knee wound inflammation that spread to his lower thigh, and he had to take antibiotics, ugh! Every caution is needed when living in the rural, because, as any child, he's always falling on the dirty ground when running, and if we don't clean it correctly, it may become something bad! But now he's alright, ready for another one! LOL

Last Saturday we made a little bonfire next to our house-to-be, enjoying the beautiful night:

Lucas, although being a little Leo, decided keeping himself a bit away from it...



And the house is in the final construction stage! Rodrigo and I have choosen the tiles for the house floor and restroom walls & floor. I just loved choosing them, but I hate too many option, I get lost like a dog in a butcher's shop! But we finally decided for a beautiful brown set that soon will be applied. The place is now like this, with every wall covered with cement to receive the final painting:


The family room leading to the front door:

The same room, leading to the kitchen (later we want to instal a kind of "saloon door" in this entrance, know what I mean?):
Our bedroom, (don't know why, couldn't dowload Lucas'):

The kitchen...
The restroom:
You can easily imagine that I can hardly wait to move now!! I have everything in my mind, where the furniture will be, the decoration, everything. I feel I'm reaching my limit point, but I'm filling my time with positive, constructive things, like learning to drive Lacraia (I'm getting there, soon I'll control that beast! LOL), making my crafts, etc.
Two exciting things are that Lucas is finally going all by himself to school, after almost one month of me going with him! He still gets a bit crying, but with daily talks his confidence is slowing growing.
But the really best part is that he's learning to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last Friday, his homework was to write some words they are working in class, and he read "vaca" (cow), "cavalo" (horse), "vovô" (grandpa), "vovó" (grandma) and other words. I got so moved I almost cried! It's SO exciting to watch first-hand that little brain fighting to decode the symbols into something that makes sense! He's in the very first stages of learning, but now the road is open to him and there's no way back! :o)

Well, that's all for now, folks! Hope to see you all very soon again. Take good care you guys.

11 comentários:

Dani said...

Oooh, I love the house! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Good work Lucas! In the states sometimes when a parent is talking to another adult, they spell out the words they don't want the child to know. I don't know if you do that in Brazil, but those days will soon be over! Congrats!

Tori said...

How exciting! Your house looks amazing. Moving can be a lot of fun.

Lucas is learning to read? You must be so happy! Congrats!

Divaeva said...

Your house looks fntastic! I bet you are sooooo excited! :)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Reading is an amazing feat. I think it is actually a lot harder for kids to learn a language such as Portugese because of all the diacritical marks. So he will be able to master any language!

The house is looking so comfortable. I can't wait to see it once the tile is down. I think brown was a really good choice! It's like the earth, all plants and flowers look good coming from the brown soil, so it will be like that in the house, too, everything will go with the tile!

Good for you, learning to drive!!!

Genie Sea said...

WOW! So exciting Nydia! How life is blooming for all of you! A new, beautiful home, new words, new independence for Lucas!

Blessed be honey :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Hope Lucas is feeling better now! And WOW, your house is really awesome! I love the shape of the doorways and windows! I can only imagine how much you are looking forward to living in such a great space!

I'm so excited for you!

Powell River Books said...

That's so exciting about your new house. Learning to read is such an exciting thing. I taught kindergarten and first grade, and the best part was helping children learn to read. It came easy for some and hard for others. The key to learning to read was reading - so I am sure Lucas will do well with all of your encouragement. - Margy

Chaos and love said...

I want to feel the walls!! Looks fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

The house is looking soooo beautiful! How exciting, its almost done! Can't wait to see how it looks once you've moved in and decorated.

Yay, Lucas is reading! I can remember when my god-daughter was first learning, and it was so exciting and I was so proud. I know you must be bursting with pride over Lucas. I'll bet he's like a little sponge, soaking up more words everyday. Will you teach him to read English, as well?

Anonymous said...

I love the rounded doors and window tops. I see the wiring is all in also. It is going to be so wonderful.
Lucas is probably going to fight off infection better as he becomes older.
Your school news is great - it is marvellous to see them develop.
Take care.

Dragonstar said...

How wonderful that Lucas is learning so well. It's so exciting!
Your new house is exciting, too, and it won't be long now. I laughed when you described yourself as a dog in a butcher shop - I feel the same if I have too many choices. I never know how to choose! Oh, you'll be living in your lovely house so soon now. It's going to be great!