Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Going back home

** First of all, forgive me for this music that keeps playing when you enter my page!!! I just can't figure out how to definitely turn it off without losing the slide photos I posted weeks ago. So, please turn your volume down while here! **
Today, 1pm, we're coming back to Minas, after one week with my family, under mom's wings. :o) It was wonderful to spend this time with her and my siblings, laughing, chatting, "gossiping" and even arguing sometimes with my brothers. I feel revigorated to go back and wait for our house to be ready. I'm taking with me my late sister's sewing machine, so I can make basic things, like cushions for the new house, little bags for my rune sets I'm preparing for Carioca Witch, and gods know what else, with my poor sewing skills! Mom gave me some quick, basic lessons to work with the machine, which is an old one, 36 years old! But it is perfect for me, nothing full of details, just like my camera, so my brain will not burn! LOL
Wish you all a wonderful week, and as soon as I can, I'll post more photos!
Kisses and bright blessings!

3 comentários:

Tori said...

I'm learning to sew, too! I was so pround of the pot holder I made yesterday. xD It really is fun!

Unknown said...

My sewing machine was my grandmother's old machine. My mom got it when my grandma got a new one, and now I have it. It is old, but still works great.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I think you are very wise to learn on a simple machine! Once you can sew a straight seam, you can make so many things! Inexpensive, too!

Hope things go smoothly at your new place, the house will be finished soon!