Friday, March 27, 2009

Hot dogs, anyone?




Since we moved to my in-laws, I haven't cooked a single meal, except Suzie's cookies and some cakes, but preparing complete meals are in the competent hands of my mother-in-law's assistant, Gê. When I wake up (around 7am), she's already in the kitchen making delicious food for everyone, so I dont have a chance of being infront of an oven. And I do miss it! I love the scent of onions and garlic being prepared, spices, everything.


So last afternoon, while Lucas was at school and my in-laws were out, Rodrigo and I decided making some hot-dogs while chatting, with the kitchen all for ourselves. We have already had lunch, so something for a snack would be great. Oh... It was super to simply chop chicken sausages, tomatoes, bell peppers, and smelling that yummy smell. Rodrigo made some lemonade with lemons from the garden, and we devoured the hot-dogs as the best meal ever!


Thing is that we were missing this cooking time together, and all by ourselves. We always loved cooking at four hands, while talking about life, kissing, you know? And we had the chance after three months! The simplest things are the best...

7 comentários:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tori said...

It's great that you got the chance to cook! I would miss it so much. I like getting in the kitchen and making food.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely enjoy the luxury of someone else cooking for a while, but then I would probably feel like you do. And it *is* nice to cook together-- David & I do that, and we have a nice rhythm of working together as we make something, plus, we seem to share kisses and hugs while we cook, too! I'm so glad you & Rodrigo were able to share some time in the kitchen for a change. Just think, soon you'll be cooking together in your very own again!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Aw...how sweet!

Michele said...

Hi Nydia, I would love to cook but just not enough time in our days anymore like their used to me.
We both work too many long hours and so often it is quick and fast foods from the freezer or from the restaurants.
I wish to have someone cook for me so I could eat healthier, because I am sure the foods I eat are not very good for me...

Soon you will be cooking plenty of wonderful meals together... be patient, my friend.

Hugs♥

Dragonstar said...

Yes, the simple things... And fresh lemonade with lemons picked from the tree - so exotic Nydia!

Dani said...

Oh that sounds wonderful! It is one of my greatest pleasures, cooking with my husband. It will be such a relief to be mistress of your own kitchen!